Keith Curle

I think Curly lives in Sheffield now. He played for Sheff U for a couple of seasons and kept a house there. Saw him once in Tescos buying bog rolls!

Great defender. So quick over 5 yards or 100 yards, great tight marker, read it well. Head like a 50p piece/Sheriff's badge at times, but why wasn't he partnered with Hendry - would have been perfect.

Zabbasbeard said:
I think Curly lives in Sheffield now. He played for Sheff U for a couple of seasons and kept a house there. Saw him once in Tescos buying bog rolls!

Great defender. So quick over 5 yards or 100 yards, great tight marker, read it well. Head like a 50p piece/Sheriff's badge at times, but why wasn't he partnered with Hendry - would have been perfect.

I couldn't understand that either.

Weren't there rumours of a personality clash with Reid or Ellis?

As the OP to this thread, thought I'd contribute a bit more.

I was at Highfield Road in 1991 to see his debut against Coventry in a 1-0 win with a header from big Niall. You could see he was a class act from the get go. As others have mentioned why he wasn't paired with Hendry is unreal. As much as Steve Redmond was loved by City fans, the big scot was a better player and him and Curle would have been brilliant.

Hello to all fellow blues out there. It's my first post (although I have read a lot), on this forum. Regarding Keith Curle, I don't know where he is working or living except to say that yesterday he was in my local pub, The Hesketh in Cheadle Hulme tucking into a carvery meal. Apologies, a bit gossipy for a first post but little acorns and all that.

Blue Streak said:
As the OP to this thread, thought I'd contribute a bit more.

I was at Highfield Road in 1991 to see his debut against Coventry in a 1-0 win with a header from big Niall. You could see he was a class act from the get go.

I went to that as well, sure he scored a pen in the same fixture the following season when we came from 2-0 down to win 3-2.

I thought he was class, 50p head and all.

David Bramhall said:
Hello to all fellow blues out there. It's my first post (although I have read a lot), on this forum. Regarding Keith Curle, I don't know where he is working or living except to say that yesterday he was in my local pub, The Hesketh in Cheadle Hulme tucking into a carvery meal. Apologies, a bit gossipy for a first post but little acorns and all that.

I had the pleasure of a carvery meal at your very pub not two weeks ago, very good it was too! Plate was piled up with food - yes, three types of meat and two yorkshire puds - and I demolished it all. Had some of grandma's and my auntie's too. Very nice.

David Bramhall said:

Not nearly gossipy enough. Did he eat all his vegetables, and what did he choose for his pudding? These are the real issues of the day. Please don't come on here with half a story.

I loved Keith Curle he was a great player for City and it was only a World Class Des Walker that stopped him getting more England caps.

One memory is of the horrid Cup Tie at the Swamp where United got the infamous invisible penalty. During the game there was a bit of handbags between Brown and Butt. Instantly, Niall Quinn and Curle started jostling Roy Keane in an attempt to get him to react and possibly get himself sent off.

This was about the only professional thing City did in that time period.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.