Kelechi Iheanacho - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
When have I said that Kelechi was playing brilliantly? He has good games and he has bad games like every other player in the squad. The difference is when Kelechi has a bad game he is made an example of and we don't see him again for weeks.

As for Sane, if you don't think he started slowly then maybe you should contact him directly and let him know because he certainly thought it took him some time to get used to his new surroundings. Tell him he is talking BS as well while you're at it.

Your view on Pep and him not dropping players who are performing is interesting, especially when you couple it with your views on Sterling.

As for my superior footballing knowledge, I am disappointed with myself for my last response to you, I wouldn't normally get personal and stoop to that level. I can normally agree/disagree with people on here without resorting to that and for doing so I apologise.
Classy :)

It will reaffirm that the bar is high and, if you are wanting to break through, you need to be very special.
He had his break through and followed it up this season with some nice performances including a winner in the derby. Then he had one poor performance and suddenly he couldnt even get games from the bench.

Last year Rashford and Kelechi were being compared to each other.Now Rashford is being compared with Mbappe. The reason for this is gametime. Kelechi will not get any decent run in the 1st team and needs to be sold with a buyback clause. I guarantee if he was at a team like Dortmund he would be playing on a regular basis as they appear to have a policy of playing youth. I understand that Jesus is a top quality player but if the club had any faith in Kelechi they would not have brought in another forward.

Last year Rashford and Kelechi were being compared to each other.Now Rashford is being compared with Mbappe. The reason for this is gametime. Kelechi will not get any decent run in the 1st team and needs to be sold with a buyback clause. I guarantee if he was at a team like Dortmund he would be playing on a regular basis as they appear to have a policy of playing youth. I understand that Jesus is a top quality player but if the club had any faith in Kelechi they would not have brought in another forward.

I know you're not the one doing this, but comparing Rashford with Mbappe is like comparing Sergio Aguero and Scott Sinclair. Mbappé only started playing properly in December and has already got 2x more league goals than Rashford has in 2 seasons.

He'll end the season with at least 3x as many goals, and many of them in the champions league against the best teams in the world, not Europa league teams.

I am disappointed that Kelechi hasn't kicked on from last season and hasn't clicked under Pep but he did have opportunities and probably hasn't shown enough for him to get more game time. A loan spell at Hoffenheim (or equivalent) would be a good start but that isn't a guarantee for a way back into the current set up.

Last edited:
It will reaffirm that the bar is high and, if you are wanting to break through, you need to be very special.

That doesn't reaffirm anything other than its a team that can't develop players and that Pep is a tactically inflexible manager.

Iheanacho is a special talent. The problem with many on this site are that they are short sighted and write people off immediately. Watch him go elsewhere and become that great player. He showed it in the U-17 World Cup, his first season here and even as recent as the first few months of this season. He will improve, all he needs is a coach to believe in him and some game time.

It could also be interesting if he joined hoffenheim while Man City happened to drop out of the top 4. Think about it....

I am disappointed that Kelechi hasn't kicked on from last season and hasn't clicked under Pep but he did have opportunities and probably hasn't shown enough for him to get more game time. A loan spell at Hoffenheim (or equivalent) would be a good start but that isn't a guarantee for a way back into the current set up.

Maybe the thing is he doesn't work well in the system or work well with the coach. Pep didn't work well with Ibra, Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Henry and other World Class players and their careers turned out fine. Nacho can do the same and if his future is away from city, so be it.

Maybe the thing is he doesn't work well in the system or work well with the coach. Pep didn't work well with Ibra, Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Henry and other World Class players and their careers turned out fine. Nacho can do the same and if his future is away from city, so be it.

Kelechi did have opportunities and with Gabriel Jesus signing in January and Kun's suspensions there were chances to show signs of improvement to the rest of his game (which does need more work). Pep helped to develop one of the best attacking players around so it isn't the case of not wanting to work with world class players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.