Kelechi Iheanacho

I think Kelechi's situation is very similar to Chelsea and Lucan Piazon when he was 17.

They eventually signed him up.

In early 2011, Chelsea secured the services of Piazon by means of a pre-contract, having to fight off the interest from a number of the world's leading clubs, including Italian team Juventus.[6] On 15 March 2011, São Paulo announced that Piazon could only play for Chelsea senior team after 20 January 2012 when he became eligible to obtain a work visa, but he would join in the 2011 summer transfer window. Chelsea announced 10 days later with Piazon passing a medical in London in early March 2011. It was reported that Chelsea paid in the region of £5 million to acquire Piazon, which could rise to £10 million depending on several clauses.[7][8] He was transferred to Chelsea during the 2011 summer transfer window and started playing for the reserves.[9][10] In an interview he stated, "[I chose Chelsea because] I like the Premier League. I think my way of playing and my skills are more suited to the Premier League."[11]

Like I said in the EDS forum, I doubt City would have sent him on pre-season without knowing they were going to eventually sign him up.

If he has to go on loan I can see Jason Kreis taking him to NYCFC.

Andouble said:
The most impressive teenage performance I've seen for some time, against men.

I'm going to try and download the game and watch it again but yeah I thought I saw a proper star last night. He's 17 and he looked head and shoulders the best attacking player on the park. Amazing when you think Jovetic and Navas were out there and should both be relatively fresh considering they had a good break.

It's going to be a strange comparison but he seems to have the same physical and technical attributes as Pogba does. I'm not sure how tall Kelechi is but he stood a good few inches above Sinclair in a defensive wall and Sinclair's 5 foot nine so he's got to be six foot tall already. He didn't look fazed by the game and showed such remarkable composure at times in tight situations. His finish was top drawer but you could see all game he had that in his locker.

Be really interesting to see what City do with him in October. Off that one game, and I admit it's only one game, he looks much better than anyone in the EDS squad by some distance. Not sure him joining them would be right. Honestly I'd bring him straight into the first team squad. At least for a few months. Then depending on how he does send him on loan in January.

But yes hugely impressive and a really exciting prospect.

Mister Appointment said:
Andouble said:

I'm going to try and download the game and watch it again but yeah I thought I saw a proper star last night. He's 17 and he looked head and shoulders the best attacking player on the park. Amazing when you think Jovetic and Navas were out there and should both be relatively fresh considering they had a good break.

It's going to be a strange comparison but he seems to have the same physical and technical attributes as Pogba does. I'm not sure how tall Kelechi is but he stood a good few inches above Sinclair in a defensive wall and Sinclair's 5 foot nine so he's got to be six foot tall already. He didn't look fazed by the game and showed such remarkable composure at times in tight situations. His finish was top drawer but you could see all game he had that in his locker.

Be really interesting to see what City do with him in October. Off that one game, and I admit it's only one game, he looks much better than anyone in the EDS squad by some distance. Not sure him joining them would be right. Honestly I'd bring him straight into the first team squad. At least for a few months. Then depending on how he does send him on loan in January.

Have a look on citys youtube channel i believe you can watch it there. (the game)

blue_sonic176 said:
Posted this in the EDS forum, thought I'd ask here as well:

Is he expected to be called up to the Nigerian squad for the AFCON in January? If he does, he'll be a full international and a work permit should be a breeze, right?

Little chance of him making the squad

EdinJacko said:
Mister Appointment said:
Andouble said:

Have a look on citys youtube channel i believe you can watch it there. (the game)
second half maybe!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.