Kevin Keegan at Wembley....

mike o

Know someone who was very close to him in the stand when we scored and they said he cheered when we did.

Nice to know he was rooting for us considering it didnt all end too well.

I know Keegan divides opinion, but I've got so much time for him. The football he had us playing in division 1 was incredible, I know things went sour at the end of his time at City but he did far more good than harm. Also, as a man he's a true gentleman, I had the pleasure of meeting him a few times and he always had time for a word with everyone.

Incidentally I saw him on the news before at Henry Cooper's funeral and his interview was brilliant, about what a great people's person Cooper was and how he had inspired him, you'd never see Ferguson give an interview like that (not least because it was on the BBC!)

Sure it didn't end in the manner we all would of hoped but I don't doubt KK did his best, we played some of the best football and brought some excellent players to the club (as well as a few well documented turds). But all in all I remember him in a positive light.

He was the first to say on ESPN that he was delighted for the Man City fans as they more than most deserve to win a cup

Timperleyblue said:
He was the first to say on ESPN that he was delighted for the Man City fans as they more than most deserve to win a cup

He also predicted a 3-0 win to city and said city fans are the best in the country. Fat Sam said stoke would win and savage said city after extra time. So he was the only one with any confidence in us.

pride in battle said:
KK was fantastic for City, he put us back on the map and back in the Premiership.

I still remember his post match interview following an away win at Gillingham (where Bernarbia backheeled the ball in the air for the Goat to volley in) the interviewer asked him about our return to the Premier League and who we might be signing, Keegan really casually replied ''Well, we've already signed Peter Schmeichel, he'll be joining us at pre season'' - you could tell the interviewer was stunned that he'd just got such an unexpected exclusive!

re-iterate what is said above really. he gaves us a team that had benarbia-berkovic etc, and i know that doesnt sound much these days but at the time was pretty exiting.

always be a place in my heart for KK and anyone that has a bad word doesnt appreciate good attacking football, lets face it, it was always going to end as it did!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.