Key Bridge, Baltimore, has collapsed.

Because in a country of 341 million people the most important thing in an election is being known by 341 million people.

You can be known because you're the first black candidate, the son or wife of a former president, former vice-presiden or a celebrity game show host, but you have to be a household name.
What a country.

Sure, but why would you express an opinion about the flimsiness of a bridge when you have literally no idea what you're talking about?

I can express an opinion about nuclear physics, but why would I?
Because of the way the bridge collapsed, I wouldn’t expect a bridge to collapse in that way after a cargo ship hits one of the concrete pylons, like I said just my opinion, what’s your take on it ?

Totally agree about the bridge looking flimsy as fuck, especially for a country as rich as the United States they should have made more provisions in the event of this sort of accident. I’m thinking now there government will be assessing the hundreds of bridges across the nation.

I think your (and anyone who thinks similar) sense of scale is totally and uttely royally - fucked.

Just read that now, they would be in charge of steering it in harbour, as they'll be the experts on the harbour.

Agreed, seems very odd that they'd fail to sail out of the port.

I wonder if there was some form of mechanical failure that meant the ship went on a fixed course.

Because of the way the bridge collapsed, I wouldn’t expect a bridge to collapse in that way after a cargo ship hits one of the concrete pylons, like I said just my opinion, what’s your take on it ?
What speed was the ship going? How heavy was it?

My take on it is a fucking ship took out a support that helps hold the bridge up and that's all I -- or you -- know.

So . . . every bridge support is "flimsy" then, apparently, when a big ship hits it.

I assume same if a bomb is dropped on it.

I think the important word that was used was 'relatively'. It's not massive chunks of concrete.

However, I agree with what appears to be your point - if you hit any bridge with a 300m long cargo ship, it's likely to collapse.

So . . . every bridge support is "flimsy" then, apparently, when a big ship hits it.

I assume same if a bomb is dropped on it.
"relatively" which means "relative to other bridge designs". Of course if you extrapolate the intensity of force applied to any structure you'll eventually arrive at a value whereby each structure is destroyed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.