Key Bridge, Baltimore, has collapsed.

Yep, although it can't be ruled out, the time it takes place isn't the usual MO.

Sadly, it is a long enough bridge that those cars which we do see passing may not have made it to the other side :(

There are containers hanging from the structure, so the rescue workers are also in a very tight spot in these first few hours.

No divers can enter the water.
Should be daybreak soon there if not already. Guy on GMB earlier said divers had already gone in but not sure how true that is. Surely it would be fruitless in the dark?

Ships hit docks all the time and have collision incidences at terminals, it's rare to collide into a bridge like this but just like a plane crash - it happens.

Yeah fair enough, just very surreal to watch it happen to a bridge like that with cars driving on it.

I can see the military being brought in to build a temporary structure to try and negate the issue.
They will need to build a similar ‘high’ bridge though, because the obstruction to road traffic is minor compared to the obstruction of sea traffic , which now can’t get in/out, and that wont be alleviated by a quick road bridge.

It’s a pretty major economic hit for Baltimore, the US and the world.

They will need to build a similar ‘high’ bridge though, because the obstruction to road traffic is minor compared to the obstruction of sea traffic , which now can’t get in/out, and that wont be alleviated by a quick road bridge.

It’s a pretty major economic hit for Baltimore, the US and the world.
I'm slowly learning that watching the news coverage.

This Is the kind of unexpected tragedy not needed in an election year.

Not saying I am an expert. If that is the case then why not shut down Bluemoon because that's all this forum is, opinions (and jokes about bikes outside). I am simply parroting what other experts have said this morning, and I believe them because I studied engineering to A level (grade B) standard and it makes sense to me.

I'll go now and wait for the inquiry results on this matter. I hope all those who went in the water get rescued.

One thing the enquiry almost certainly won't conclude, is that the bridge was flimsy or the design at fault.

But fair enough re the opinion, and agree entirely with thoughts of anyone there.

Major infrastructure in Baltimore. This could seriously impact the local economy.

There's a lot of kinetic energy in a heavy cargo ship, even at low speed. More than enough to destroy a bridge. Hopefully nobody seriously injured or killed, although there are reports of people in the water.

Just waiting for Trump to somehow blame Biden.
Fuck of with that shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.