Key players for the run in (and next season?)...

i see skies of blue

half way between the gutter and the stars
Who do we need fit and on form for the run in and the battle for 4th, and who will be important to us over the next few seasons? I think on the whole we have assembled a decent enough squad, but obviously new players will be brought in and others will leave. Who are indespensable, and who will make way?

The Tevez/Bellamy and Kompany/Lescott partnerships are crucial IMO, as is the form of Given and De Jong. Barry and Bridge have both perfomed well but need to be consistent, people were suggesting Barry been playing with a niggle which could explain his dip in form recently? All of the above need to be fit and on form to ensure clean sheets and plenty of goals. Joe Hart is a must keep.

What's going through my mind is that if we get 4th it might be worth keeping hold of Joe Hart rather than letting him go out on loan again.

If we got into the CL knockout stages and (say) quarter finals of both cup competitions we would be looking at playing 60+ games in the season, plus internationals. That's a lot of football. If we keep Joe rather than let him return to Brum, would he get enough first team action, plus some valuable CL experience against one of the whipping boy teams? (Assuming that's not us...)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.