Kick Towards The South Stand Second Half?

what a good ahout that is ..i cant believe we lost the toss that many times ..seems as though we shoot towards us everyweek ,,,get the club captian told the rules ffs ...SOUTH STAND 2ND HALF ..THICK FUKA LOL

perhaps we should get pearce to bring his record player again to make up for the late beer drinking pie eating swamp suckers...

yozzer said:
what a good ahout that is ..i cant believe we lost the toss that many times ..seems as though we shoot towards us everyweek ,,,get the club captian told the rules ffs ...SOUTH STAND 2ND HALF ..THICK FUKA LOL

We dont lose the toss its the fact we run out towards the north stand at Kick off. So we are set up to kick towards South first and most teams are happy with this so they can kick toward there fans second half.

Only now and again teams force us to change to try to get a foot hold in the game early and kick towards there fans first half.

Maybe it has something to do with the dressing rooms being on the side of the tunnel both teams run out of?

Didsbury Dave said:
MCFC_Freestyler said:
I've thought about this a few times, but i'd thought i'd start a thread on it, does anyone think it would be a good idea or make a difference to have us kicking towards the south stand SECOND HALF instead of the first?

Were then kicking towards the atmosphere and then the away team are then kicking AWAY from their fans, i noticed a few games this season where we kicked towards the SS second half it just felt a bit better, for example liverpool always kick towards the Kop end for the second half,

It might be something and nothing but would it be worth trying?, also i just thought it would be good as previously mentioned that the away team are kicking away from their fans second half, anyone with me on this?

You are aware of the toss of the coin here, aren't you?

Please say yes....

Since City moved to COMS, I can only recall about 3 times that they have attacked the north stand in the first half. Now you would think the toss would go 50/50 so it seems that whichever side wins the toss prefers to attack the north stand in the first half. Always puzzled me a bit, that one.

Widnes blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
MCFC_Freestyler said:
I've thought about this a few times, but i'd thought i'd start a thread on it, does anyone think it would be a good idea or make a difference to have us kicking towards the south stand SECOND HALF instead of the first?

Were then kicking towards the atmosphere and then the away team are then kicking AWAY from their fans, i noticed a few games this season where we kicked towards the SS second half it just felt a bit better, for example liverpool always kick towards the Kop end for the second half,

It might be something and nothing but would it be worth trying?, also i just thought it would be good as previously mentioned that the away team are kicking away from their fans second half, anyone with me on this?

You are aware of the toss of the coin here, aren't you?

Please say yes....

Since City moved to COMS, I can only recall about 3 times that they have attacked the north stand in the first half. Now you would think the toss would go 50/50 so it seems that whichever side wins the toss prefers to attack the north stand in the first half. Always puzzled me a bit, that one.

Sorry, got my norths & souths mixed up there, above should have read always go to the north in the 2nd half.

its a city superstition for fuck sake defo...........nowt to do with the kin toss,,,,,

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Unless the away fans are moved then no. When City are attacking that way believe me the North Stand make some noise.

Mate dont lie. Its dire there.

gillymcfc said:
yozzer said:

We dont lose the toss its the fact we run out towards the north stand at Kick off. So we are set up to kick towards South first and most teams are happy with this so they can kick toward there fans second half.

Only now and again teams force us to change to try to get a foot hold in the game early and kick towards there fans first half.

Maybe it has something to do with the dressing rooms being on the side of the tunnel both teams run out of?

This is it!

At the coin toss you have two choices (I think?), kick off or change ends... So changing ends gives up first possession... And we've always come out to the North Stand... Although I remember being in The Platt Lane stand as a kid and it being a pretty regular event to be applauding Big Joe coming down after changing ends.. This seemed normal back then, but it's pretty rare these days...?

Not "applauding Big Joe" but us "changing ends" for kick off, before anyone starts!

Is my memory fooling me or has there been a rule change, or just a cultural change in that teams always kick off as 1st option...?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.