Kids To University

bluesteve1964

Well today was the day my wife has been dreading and I have been apprehensive about. !8 years, shitty nappies, sleepless nights, nursery, then starting playschool and hoping other kids like him. Onto Primary school and all the traumas that brings. The odd horrible child bullying him that seems like the end of the world at the time but soon passes. Secondary school and GCSEs' and he did us proud. College and A levels. !8 years of every emotion but he was always here with us.
Today we have taken him to Newcastle University and left him. Wife stopped crying by Scotch Corner but now we're home house seems empty. God help us when his younger brother flies the nest.
So proud of what he has achieved and I hope we have played our part but bloody hell, I'm going to miss him. Well done son.

Great news, don't be sad you should be happy you gave him the confidence and the wherewithal to get himself a place at uni and go off into world. My daughter started last week although she actually left home last year as she has a son. She only lives round the corner so no difference to her living arrangements. it's a struggle for her but she'll do it.

Best of luck to your son too!

when i was 18 and leaving home for uni i thought i knew it all. now i've got children of my own i can't believe that we only get 18 years to prepare them for a life away from us.i can't imagine my house without the chaos and noise of mine and they're not even teenagers yet :-)

Our eldest starts at MMU tomorrow. He's living with us for at least the first year in an effort to keep costs down.

bluesteve1964 said:
Well today was the day my wife has been dreading and I have been apprehensive about. !8 years, shitty nappies, sleepless nights, nursery, then starting playschool and hoping other kids like him. Onto Primary school and all the traumas that brings. The odd horrible child bullying him that seems like the end of the world at the time but soon passes. Secondary school and GCSEs' and he did us proud. College and A levels. !8 years of every emotion but he was always here with us.
Today we have taken him to Newcastle University and left him. Wife stopped crying by Scotch Corner but now we're home house seems empty. God help us when his younger brother flies the nest.
So proud of what he has achieved and I hope we have played our part but bloody hell, I'm going to miss him. Well done son.

There is facebook, yer mard arses. And emails, Twitter, facetime and fuck knows what else! Get a bloody grip! Let yer wife do the moping. Is he not coming back for the Chelsea game?

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
bluesteve1964 said:

There is facebook, yer mard arses. And emails, Twitter, facetime and fuck knows what else! Get a bloody grip! Let yer wife do the moping. Is he not coming back for the Chelsea game?

Can't wait for my kids to fly the nest TBH.

My daughter has just finished 3 years at Newcastle University and she absolutely loved it . Can't believe how quickly the 3 years passed , she did well and got a 2:1 degree in Maths , the Graduation Day was one of the proudest days of my life . Newcastle Is an absolutely great place to be a student , great nightlife , great people and plenty of good quality student accommodation .
He will be in halls for the first year , but when he moves on in his second year , I can highly recommend Jesmond , a really chilled out area and only a short distance from Uni . He will be fine and the tears from the wife will soon stop , hopefully !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.