Kippax Street should be at the Etihad

TGR said:
spanishblue said:
TGR said:
Thats a bit like saying...
'I loved that 2 up and 2 down pokey, terraced house without a kitchen, no cental heating & lino on the floor with an an outside toilet and backyard
before we won the lottery.
This 7 bedroom detached mini mansion in 3 acres of land with U shaped gravel drive an outside swimming pool and tennis court is just not the same...

RAG or wum no City supporter I know would wright such utter shite . It was and as long as a lot of us breath always will be part of our fantastic history.

I have just read your post history...
When it comes to the rags - though proteseth to much.
You are a rag. 100%.

Look at whatever you want pall :-)

spanishblue said:
TGR said:
spanishblue said:
RAG or wum no City supporter I know would wright such utter shite . It was and as long as a lot of us breath always will be part of our fantastic history.

I have just read your post history...
When it comes to the rags - though proteseth to much.
You are a rag. 100%.

Look at whatever you want pall :-)

Rag.

Rascal said:
With the news of the Etihad growing surely its time for the east stand to be properly named and it should reflect our heritage.

Kippax Street im sure would make us oldies smile
lets make this name change happen

TGR said:
sir peace frog said:
TGR said:
Maine Road was a dump on every level.
Why spend your days looking in the rear view mirror of life?
We have moved on in every single aspect of the club from top to bottom.
The Etihad is a magnificent stadium and will be even better after the expansion.
Lets move forward...
it may of been a dump,but it was home for us,and holds some brilliant memories for me,doing the tom hark was one of my faves,wouldnt dream of doing it now but back in the day :)

home is where the heart is,and in my heart maine road will always be home,love the ethiad its a brilliant stadium.

'I loved that 2 up and 2 down pokey, terraced house without a kitchen, no cental heating & lino on the floor with an an outside toilet and backyard
This 7 bedroom detached mini mansion in 3 acres of land with U shaped gravel drive an outside swimming pool and tennis court is just not the same...

it was our fucking dump, with our fucking history and memories and emotional investment. It was many things, it may not have been pretty, but it was never "a dump". I am surprised at you TGR

we are City
Super City
from Maine Road

now what's that raggy whiff?

StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
Let's take a trip down memory lane ...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO-xVVo7b8s[/youtube]

Eeh fair bought a tear to my eye.Not seen that before. Sad remembering how it was but onwards and upwards eh?

BringBackSwales said:
TGR said:
sir peace frog said:
it may of been a dump,but it was home for us,and holds some brilliant memories for me,doing the tom hark was one of my faves,wouldnt dream of doing it now but back in the day :)

home is where the heart is,and in my heart maine road will always be home,love the ethiad its a brilliant stadium.

it was our fucking dump, with our fucking history and memories and emotional investment. It was many things, it may not have been pretty, but it was never "a dump". I am surprised at you TGR

Hi Tim,
Hope you are well fella?
Its just an opinion really - Most people on here will only ever remember relegations and 2nd / 3rd division football at Maine Road. Very few genuine highlights. Yes it was our historical home but I just don't see the point of these threads that keep going on about just how great the place was, as I say time easily plays tricks on the mind. I love the Etihad I think it is a superb stadium to watch and play football.
We won't forget the old place but lets not keep banging on about it and making out something it wasn't.
Cheers
Ray

TGR said:
BringBackSwales said:
TGR said:

Hi Tim,
Hope you are well fella?
Its just an opinion really - Most people on here will only ever remember relegations and 2nd / 3rd division football at Maine Road. Very few genuine highlights. Yes it was our historical home but I just don't see the point of these threads that keep going on about just how great the place was, as I say time easily plays tricks on the mind. I love the Etihad I think it is a superb stadium to watch and play football.
We won't forget the old place but lets not keep banging on about it and making out something it wasn't.
Cheers
Ray

fair play fella, just different ways of looking back at history. I have got more memories of better social times at Maine Road, more laughs (yes more fucking upsets too), clearly the football has been better at the new place, so personally I love them both, just in different ways, and for different reasons

Edit - plus I am a year younger than you, so maybe a bit less cynical LOL

Edit 2 - I would not rename a stand at the Etihad as being the Kippax, the Kippax was at Maine Road and belonged at Maine Road

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.