Kolarov

dachoosen1 said:
I agree that Kolarov is having a better season then Clichy but at the end of the day if we are signing a LB then we need to sell one and Kolarov's stock is massive in Italy. To be honest I don't think we need a left back its probably on our strongest position.

Not sure if serious ?

Clichy and Kolarov at left back is probably the best 1st choice and back up in the league! Maybe we are stronger at CF or AM but I still don't think LB is position we really need to strengthen.

Weaker then right back where we only have Zabaleta due to Richards injuries weaker then CM were if we lose Yaya or Fernandinho we look a different team. I am more then happy with our LBs think we need a CB to replace Lescott. After that we need a CM and a RB as I have lost faith that Rodwell and Richards will ever be fully fit and able to play 2 games in 4 days! Then I would say a direct winger on the left to offer us abit of a plan b. Who that is available would be an improvement of Kolarov? Is Luke Shaw really what 20 odd million better? Would he suit the attack minded Manny approach? Maybe Marcelo, Alba, Alaba or Felipe Luis would be an improvement over Kolarov but how many of them would be available?

dachoosen1 said:
Weaker then right back where we only have Zabaleta due to Richards injuries weaker then CM were if we lose Yaya or Fernandinho we look a different team. I am more then happy with our LBs think we need a CB to replace Lescott. After that we need a CM and a RB as I have lost faith that Rodwell and Richards will ever be fully fit and able to play 2 games in 4 days! Then I would say a direct winger on the left to offer us abit of a plan b. Who that is available would be an improvement of Kolarov? Is Luke Shaw really what 20 odd million better? Would he suit the attack minded Manny approach? Maybe Marcelo, Alba, Alaba or Felipe Luis would be an improvement over Kolarov but how many of them would be available?

You are certainly a Kolarov Fanboy.

Personally I'd stick with these two at left back for another couple of seasons. We need a right back to back Zabba up.

Lol man unfortunately im not a Kolarov fan boy at all and have said many times defensively he isn't great and he does seem best suited to the ELP but Manny's system plays on all his strengths and I have to admit he is playing really well with season a year ago I would have replaced him in a heartbeat like Dzeko and Garcia, I thought they were decent cover but didn't really suit the league or our style of play. But at the minute I cant see many better alternatives to Kolarov.

Ricardo rodriguez is the best lb currently in the world alongside filipe luis , alba , alaba and marcelo are poor defensively

oakiecokie said:
dachoosen1 said:

You are certainly a Kolarov Fanboy.

He's right though. Without Zab we are fucked, we have no adequate replacement. Lose Yaya or Dinho and we are significantly diminished.
Centre back is our No1 priority, then we need a back up for Zab and a decent back up midfielder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.