Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
As bad as we need a RB I'd love it if we made an example of Levy by dragging out negotiations while he pranced around like king cockhead and then just walked away and told him to stick his valuation up his arse.
Me too... but we'd better sign a high quality RB very soon other than Walker - giving us leverage. Spurs don't need to sell - and I suspect that they'd be well content to scupper our RB solution going into next season.

We're dealing with the devil in Levy - so-to-speak - he won't give us a favorable deal.

I know some may not agree but that "Spurs Till I Die" comment puts me off a bit, that's the problem with buying from a domestic rival will they give the sweat, blood and tears to your cause?... you can only hope their professionalism outweighs their personal bias. At least buying from abroad would mean we could become his chosen premier league club... going from Zabba to someone coming out stuff like that Walker tweet or even VVD's alleged preference just hampers the feel good factor for me.

That video was from ages ago.
It was from Feb of this year apparently, I don't think it matters that much, he's pretty much said he's a Spurs fan that's not going to change is it. Not a deal breaker but it is a reason for opting for a player from a team who aren't domestic rivals... the trouble is I don't think we are the only side targeting right backs and fullbacks this summer.

From a quick glance there doesn't seem to be many to choose from: Sidibe(AS Monaco), Bellerin(Arsenal...so not much better), Henrichs(B Leverkusen), Fabinho(AS Monaco)

Not heard much about Henrichs but out of the four might be the one we have the most realistic chance of signing.

Last edited:
It was from Feb of this year apparently, I don't think it matters that much, he's pretty much said he's a Spurs fan that's not going to change is it. Not a deal breaker but it is a reason for opting for a player from a team who aren't domestic rivals... the trouble is I don't think we are the only side targeting right backs and fullbacks this summer.

From a quick glance there doesn't seem to be many to choose from: Sidibe(AS Monaco), Bellerin(Arsenal...so not much better), Henrichs(B Leverkusen), Fabinho(AS Monaco)

Not heard much about Henrichs but out of the four might be the one we have the most realistic chance of signing.

Henrichs has recently signed a new deal. Sidibe is woeful IMO and Bellerin isn't really attainable.

Henrichs has recently signed a new deal. Sidibe is woeful IMO and Bellerin isn't really attainable.
That's unfortunate but it still doesn't mean we can't land him, we could at least use it to show Levy we have alternatives... if he thinks it's him or nothing for us then he will take the piss.

As for the rest I agree Sidibe didn't stand out to me and Bellerin like I said wouldn't have been much better(Arsenal and Barca fan) and would likely have cost more, Fabinho I'm not sure what happened there but we've closed talks about that player.

That's unfortunate but it still doesn't mean we can't land him, we could at least use it to show Levy we have alternatives... if he thinks it's him or nothing for us then he will take the piss.

I think Bayern are interested in Henrichs, part of me hopes they do so Kimmich becomes available. Walker will get done, and he'll be an unbelievable addition to the squad.

As bad as we need a RB I'd love it if we made an example of Levy by dragging out negotiations while he pranced around like king cockhead and then just walked away and told him to stick his valuation up his arse.
Think Levy would be over the moon, we (spurs) don't appear to want to sell to a rival hence the high price, we can afford to pay 40m on players just not the wages that dictates, so if we can keep ahold of a 40m player on 70k all the better for levy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.