Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope we get him, he works his balls off, and is a damn good crosser of the ball. The difference he will make will be massive, it's a huge step up to have an outlet like him,and the opponents have to think about the defensive work of their wide players, so tactically he really helps

Hope we get him, he works his balls off, and is a damn good crosser of the ball. The difference he will make will be massive, it's a huge step up to have an outlet like him,and the opponents have to think about the defensive work of their wide players, so tactically he really helps

spurs fans moan about his attacking ability but obviously he's lightyears better than what was served up last year from our fullbacks.

That crossing malarkey will be coached out of him the minute he gets to Manchester.

Jokes aside, I can't make my mind up. I'm worried about us spending 40m on a player who couldn't fend off competition from a player we let go of for absolute peanuts. I'm not sure he's intelligent enough or technically gifted with the ball. He's quick and athletic and physically good, but I have my reservations technically. I'm not sure he's the type of full back who's offensive game adds much value when 80% of our opponents are happy to camp inside their own half.

Ilol he was terrible. Probably the worst player on the pitch after Dier
You would be struggling to find an independent review of player performance for that game that gives a higher rating mark to Walker than Trippier.

Walker is probably slightly faster and more physical, but Trippier appears to have better creativity (control, vision, touch etc). I have watched a number of Spurs' games since Walker has been 'rested' towards the end of the season and in each one Trippier has been very impressive, he is also club trained rather than just home grown.

I agree Walker appears an improvement on last year's full backs, I just don't think he's worth the sums Spurs seem to be demanding.

Last edited:
You would be struggling to find an independent review of player performance for that game that gives a higher rating mark to Walker than Trippier.

Walker is probably slightly faster and more physical, but Trippier appears to have better creativity (control, vision, touch etc). I have watched a number of Spurs' games since Walker has been 'rested' towards the end of the season and in each one Trippier has been very impressive, he is also home grown.

I agree Walker appears an improvement on last year's full backs, I just don't think he's worth the sums Spurs seem to be demanding.
Were they playing in the same position tonight?

Jokes aside, I can't make my mind up. I'm worried about us spending 40m on a player who couldn't fend off competition from a player we let go of for absolute peanuts. I'm not sure he's intelligent enough or technically gifted with the ball. He's quick and athletic and physically good, but I have my reservations technically. I'm not sure he's the type of full back who's offensive game adds much value when 80% of our opponents are happy to camp inside their own half.
I thought Walker was first choice until the reports of him having a falling out with Pochettino and wanting a transfer surfaced? From then on he seemed to split playing time with Trippier.

That crossing malarkey will be coached out of him the minute he gets to Manchester.

This is why football is great cos I disagree, I think he's exactly what we need, in order for peps game plan to work. I've seen him firing the ball across the six yard box loads of times this year, and don't forget the cross at our place this year....he's not Maldini, and he's not cafu, but he's a fucking good player, and exactly what we need to break these teams down, as it's about running beyond / late runs for me, and he provides that in a abundance.

He also does use the ball pretty well, I would prefer him to bellerin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.