Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck me Richards have you morphed into Fordy? Every day it’s Gvardiol won’t sign, Bernardo won’t stay, Kyle won’t stay. You’re becoming a wallower, pull yourself together
He seems to have missed his calling in life.

Had he been an agent, he’d have transferred 10k players each transfer window and been a man of leisure within 2 transfer windows.

Kind of symbolic to see us caring so much about keeping Walker (whom I like a lot!) at the same time we see Chelsea signing yet another special player for the future. There’s a good chance we could be playing catch up with them in a few years.

Kind of symbolic to see us caring so much about keeping Walker (whom I like a lot!) at the same time we see Chelsea signing yet another special player for the future. There’s a good chance we could be playing catch up with them in a few years.
All about balance for me Gus. Gvardiol is a good signing but finding the younger players with the ability to deliver game after game is hard as is trying to predict when a player in their 30s will drop off. That’s the hard bit, I think we have in the past kept a few a season or two too long. People get attached and fear change.

We won't be be playing catch up with them. They're currently playing catch up with our academy via the transfer market.

I'd put money on the fact most of these young players they're signing won't amount to anything for them. Not because the kids don't have talent, because Chelsea have no idea how to actually develop it. There's proof of that in our side with De Bruyne, add Salah and a heap more to that list.

Their scatter gun approach to the market doesn't work, they've learnt nothing from last season.

We won't be be playing catch up with them. They're currently playing catch up with our academy via the transfer market.

I'd put money on the fact most of these young players they're signing won't amount to anything for them. Not because the kids don't have talent, because Chelsea have no idea how to actually develop it. There's proof of that in our side with De Bruyne, add Salah and a heap more to that list.

Their scatter gun approach to the market doesn't work, they've learnt nothing from last season.
I agree about their scattergun approach but I don’t get the connection between Mouthino not developing talent and Pochettino- I would have seen development of talent as a relative strength of Pochettino

Anyone who has watched the youths knows the score of the last decade
Chelsea have always signed big fast athletic Francophones from African and Parisien backgrounds
We have always signed short, scuttling, ball hogging technicians from the Iberian peninsula
We used to lose all the youth cup finals to them every year, usually on physicality rather than ability, but faith in our values, process and the long game has proved us right eventually
Treble treble at PL2 and PL U18s. Chelsea usurped at youth level recently by Fulham and West Ham
Even Brentford are catching them up

Last edited:

They’re using heavy money to build a team that isn’t for the present. It’s not a coincidence to me that they spend as much as they have to end up with the youngest of all 20 PL squads. And they’re picking very, very good players smartly. I don’t subscribe to this idea that they’re a mess or they won’t be able to use these players properly because of the past. It seems to me, rather, that the “show” is being run with the right ambition.
I want CFG to sign more and better South American players. It’s a huge waste and others are taking advantage

It's for a future you and they cannot see or predict. How many Kayky's in there vs how many Gabriel Jesus?

The cynical view of your desire for us to sign these players, says that it's because you know a lot about them, and would be able to make many "special" posts about them on here. That would be exciting, wouldn't it?! I can feel the excitment and the specialness from here...

(Don't argue. My mind reading powers are at their peak recently.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.