Kylian Mbappé

I’d agree to an extent and it is nice around here but to be honest I prefer the Cotswolds if we were to stay in England. However being foreign my missus just can’t take much more of the weather here, and now wants to either live in America again or somewhere like Provence or Madeira.

Waking up to winter weather in the Macclesfield region with it pissing down five days a week between October and March I can see her point! I guess if one hasn’t grown up round here it must be pretty depressing and that’s what may put many foreign players off? You can have a lovely house and a flash car but you can’t buy sunshine.
The weird thing is tho people who live in constant sunshine absolutely love a bit of bad weather, i was speaking to a few of the orlando blues when i was there in november and they were coming over in december for a game, and i was like are you mental leaving orlando in december to come to mancheseter, but they were proper excited to wrap up warm etc, same as i when i went to thailand i went to theme park and they had like a snow room and there was queues a mile long to get in and i was like ive seen snow its fecking cold.

I don’t disagree, but their allure and lifestyle far outweigh Manchester…esp for the trouble & strife!!
My wife hates Paris and London! Very unsafe cities these days. They remind me of New York where I spent some time in 1981. I like Chicago but I witnessed an armed robbery and a shoot-out within 3 minutes of arriving there (also in 1981) at the Greyhound Bus terminal! I actually think Manchester is fantastic these days and much transformed since my childhood in the 60s. Certainly for younger people than me it is the best place for music and nightlife in the UK. Better than London in my view (and I have lived there four times)

My wife hates Paris and London! Very unsafe cities these days. They remind me of New York where I spent some time in 1981.

I think, like most cities, it’s where you go and how you go, but ‘81 NYC was dire!!

I like Chicago but I witnessed an armed robbery and a shoot-out within 3 minutes of arriving there (also in 1981) at the Greyhound Bus terminal!

The Chicago Greyhound Bus Terminal! Been there once in summer 1983 for a bus to Maine. Never again! Busses in America are a vagrant & crime magnet, because America is a car culture and busses are waaaaaaay down market.

I actually think Manchester is fantastic these days and much transformed since my childhood in the 60s. Certainly for younger people than me it is the best place for music and nightlife in the UK. Better than London in my view (and I have lived there four times)

I would agree that there may be more and better options for younger Mancunians. However, with that has come the lad and slapper culture that is a huge turn off to me.

Granted, at age 60, I’m considered a FOC, but I go out on the town for drinks and dinner in major cities all over the world and Manc would be waaaaay down that list.

The regeneration of the downtown business district, and the residential units that have grown along with it, is a good thing. Sadly, though, much of it is out of reach of the young people who want it.

In addition, in my lifetime Manchester is Manchester is Manchester, and through all of the changes I’ve seen, it is still a dirty, lout-filled city that strives to be more and better, but is held back by never quite getting “there.”

Last edited:
More in the press about Mbappe not being impressed with Madrid's offer. He is in danger of wasting his career at PSG as they are on a downward curve imo and further away from contending for the top prize than they were at any time since he joined. I am sure that they are offering him enough to make him extremely wealthy and the extra that he could earn through endorsements if playing in a successful team would more than compensate for any drop from his PSG wages. It is bizarre how money seems so important compared to having the opportunity to play for such an iconic club. I want him to go there so they don't come sniffing after Erland.

In addition, in my lifetime Manchester is Manchester is Manchester, and through all of the changes I’ve seen, it is still a dirty, lout-filled city that strives to be more and better, but is held back by never quite getting “there
Went in for the first time in a while in December for a pre-Christmas meal with the wife.
I've lived around Manchester my entire life, and it's got better. Still doesn't mean I want to spend any more time there than I have to. Restaurants are pretty decent these days, everything else is mehhhh for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.