Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me too. Mbappe over anyone. Only injury can stop him, and the team he signs for being the best in their league. Unfortunately, I think he'll just sit and wait for Real Madrid.

I agree, this lad looks very much the real deal - like Rooney did when he first broke on the scene. Whoever gets him has got a top class striker they may have leading the line for the next 10 years. I hope it's us

The problem City have is that MBappe was identified as a target for next Summer (2018), but because now everyone wants him, we may need to go for him early. So its understood as its not a Sanchez or Mbeppe, its can we do both this summer. Financially, of course we can. Can we integrate so many new players into the squad? I could see Pep managing a season with Jesus, Kun, Sanchez and poss Kelechi, but could he add Mbappe in with Sanchez, Kun and Jesus. Mouth-watering for us, and no doubt we would have thee best strike force in the world (ahead of Suarez Messi and Neymar) but could we keep all them 4 happy? or would we have to sacrifice Kun to have the other 3? Im not advocating getting rid of anyone here, im simply throwing up the scenario for discussion

I agree, this lad looks very much the real deal - like Rooney did when he first broke on the scene. Whoever gets him has got a top class striker they may have leading the line for the next 10 years. I hope it's us
Me too, but I don't hold out much hope. The secret is well and truly out now. As long as he doesn't end up at Man Utd I don't mind. I am sure they will be bidding £100m plus for him. If you had their money, you'd at least try it on.

The problem City have is that MBappe was identified as a target for next Summer (2018), but because now everyone wants him, we may need to go for him early. So its understood as its not a Sanchez or Mbeppe, its can we do both this summer. Financially, of course we can. Can we integrate so many new players into the squad? I could see Pep managing a season with Jesus, Kun, Sanchez and poss Kelechi, but could he add Mbappe in with Sanchez, Kun and Jesus. Mouth-watering for us, and no doubt we would have thee best strike force in the world (ahead of Suarez Messi and Neymar) but could we keep all them 4 happy? or would we have to sacrifice Kun to have the other 3? Im not advocating getting rid of anyone here, im simply throwing up the scenario for discussion
Just about convinced that Sanchez is a player you have to go for. Mbappe definitely is. But Sanchez is a realistic target. I am not sure Mbappe is. You'd have to bid absolutely stupid money, and also hope that Real Madrid do not come in for him

This kind of argument doesn't work though. He scored against Juventuss. A team no one else could score against until he did. He scored against Dortmund, against City.

Saying he didn't play any top defense isn't a legitimate argument for me, he played 5 top teams and scored against 4 of them. That is a pass with flying colors under any rule. No granular analysis or reduction needed. At 18 he is a fantastic Striker. And likely to only get better.

The over hype is a function of him being this good this young. And it is based on smarts, technique and movement ( rather than say strictly speed or unusual ). So the likelihood of success is very high.

Why is that not a legitimate argument. It wasn't to say he's not talented but rather just to add a bit of context to his exploits. he played 4 teams of which the only two I consider to have top defences he got just 1 goal in three games though to be fair its not all his fault. I consider both city and dortmund great attacking sides but not overall teams especially ones with top defences. Surely you can understand that. As for the hype, I won't get too much into it but as I've said already I consider him a very intelligent player off the ball way beyond his years and technically sufficient but as an all-rounded player I still consider both jesus and dembele as more talented than him that's why I don't but into this buy at all costs mentality and even messi level comparisons that some have stated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.