Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen PSGs accounts but I wouldn't think they'd would be too far off being able to pay for Neymar and comply with FFP without doing anything.

I do get a bit annoyed by the instant lumping in of us and them though, they have a different business model that has a different objective to ours. It does feel a lot like lazy stereotyping to me.

No conflicting reports from their owners.

But why do you think it's doubtful they can afford 222m euros in one window? You do know it's not all accounted for in this window? It's still amortised over the length of the contract.

You last paragraph would fit in perfectly on red cafe and RAWK in a thread about City. It's a joke.

What are you talking about, it's amortised? It makes zero difference if they've authorised a withdrawal from their accounts of 222 million in one lump sum.

It makes no difference if it's amortised or not, we're talking about them having 222 million sat in their account to be withdrawn in one lump sum, and that lump sum can be withdrawn safe in the knowledge that it is independent of operating cash flow for every other aspect of their business for the year at hand. It's a staggering amount.

I'm not overly familiar with PSG's model, do they publish their accounts like we do? What was in their banks last season?

Some people here thinking PSG have done some heroic act of sticking it to UEFA, but nothing could be farther from the truth if the money hasn't come from within.

But anyways.... Mbappe.

No our Benji was on on swan street he was allegedly visiting cloud 9 which I'm told may or may not be a "massage parlour" he's missed out on a pasty if true bad form that! :)
That's confirmed it for me, missing out on a pasty, the guys a madman

What are you talking about, it's amortised? It makes zero difference if they've authorised a withdrawal from their accounts of 222 million in one lump sum.

It makes no difference if it's amortised or not, we're talking about them having 222 million sat in their account to be withdrawn in one lump sum, and that lump sum can be withdrawn safe in the knowledge that it is independent of operating cash flow for every other aspect of their business for the year at hand. It's a staggering amount.

I'm not overly familiar with PSG's model, do they publish their accounts like we do? What was in their banks last season?

Some people here thinking PSG have done some heroic act of sticking it to UEFA, but nothing could be farther from the truth if the money hasn't come from within.

But anyways.... Mbappe.

Well put it this way, do.you think they would do it without knowing they will be within the rules, expecting Utd, Barca, Bayern etc to let them off, or do you think they would likely have it covered ?

Their revenues are within a few percent of ours.

Yeah... don't know why I thought I had a source....It's definitely closer than I said. You are right - going on the 15/16 figures. We do know that 16/17 covers the new premier League TV deal which is estimated to add 20% revenue. Interestingly, going back to 15/16, PSG's reported commercial income is >25% higher than ours. Higher than Real and Barca.

Their revenues are within a few percent of ours.
981643droittv.jpg

But anyways.... Mbappe.
Your post has just proven you haven't the faintest clue what you are talking about. It makes all the difference that it's amortised for FFP purposes. I'm shocked a City fan seems clueless as to this.

Whether they have cash on reserve or not is simply immaterial. The cost (222m) is amortised over the life of the contract. It's 44.4m euros per year. That is the amount they have to be sure they can afford for FFP. UEFA aren't remotely interested whether they had the 222m in cash or whether they take on debt or an equity investment from the owner for the 222m. They have to show they can afford the 44.4m (plus wages) every year of the contract.

The fee does not show in this years accoubts, for FFP purposes as 222m spent.

I don't think they've done anything heroic. They have done exactly the same as City, which is to spend what they can afford.

Well put it this way, do.you think they would do it without knowing they will be within the rules, expecting Utd, Barca, Bayern etc to let them off, or do you think they would likely have it covered ?
Heh, that's a rubbish argument if ever I heard one. No better than saying 'Oh, I'm sure it was above board' when the Neymar-Barca 'scandal' unfolded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.