L.A

uwe rosler 28

Hoping to travel to L.A next year and was wondering if anyone can recommend the best places to go and stay looking for a bit of

Griffith Observatory is pretty cool, the views are brilliant. There were loads of amateur (more like semi-professional) astronomers on the green out front when we went and they let you look through their telescopes at all sorts of stuff. I was hoping for Megan Fox's bedroom window, but alas ...)

Last edited:
Depends on your interests, time of year, where in LA you intend to be/go and for how long as LA is a massive metropolis extending over 12k square km

You will obviously need a car and plenty of patience since the freeways will be where you spend the bulk of your time

I find Getty overrated as is the view but that's me. Griffith Park is cool as is the observatory, especially for laser shows. Hollywood bowl is a great experience if a good concert is available. Hollywood otherwise is not very interesting

For me, beaches & mexican food are great bonuses in LA but plan accordingly for distances/time to get from one place to another - it will drain you to always be in the car

obviously depends on your budget but from my experience, accommodation is pricey. To stay in a nice place, nice central area you're paying through the nose.
If youre planning on hiring a car, might be worth staying a bit out of the centre.

Places i'd recommend a visit- Venice/Santa Monica, Beverley hills (just for the experience), Wilshere Blvd, Griffiths Observatory, Runyon Canyon, Pasadena. There isnt loads to see in Downtown, but defo worth a visit. 'Hollywood' is a bit of a let down, usually crammed with tourists and pretty filthy/scruffy. West Hollywood is much nicer.

If you are hiring a car, the 2.5hr drive south to San Diego is well worth it!

Depends on your interests, time of year, where in LA you intend to be/go and for how long as LA is a massive metropolis extending over 12k square km

You will obviously need a car and plenty of patience since the freeways will be where you spend the bulk of your time

I find Getty overrated as is the view but that's me. Griffith Park is cool as is the observatory, especially for laser shows. Hollywood bowl is a great experience if a good concert is available. Hollywood otherwise is not very interesting

For me, beaches & mexican food are great bonuses in LA but plan accordingly for distances/time to get from one place to another - it will drain you to always be in the car

Was going to post something like this. Its a bit like if London extended all the way to the south coast. With the bad traffic extended across the same area.

I'd look for some sports to watch. Baseball is easy to get tickets and the stadiums are very interesting. Collage football also highly recomended. NFL is much harder and pricey.

In your shoes I'd road trip up to San Fran and visit Oracle Park.

-1x-1.jpg

Went last year for a week and a bit in Vegas and 4 days in LA. We stayed in the valley near universal studios, miles cheaper and only 15 minutes drive from Hollywood so worth a look.

There are tons of things to do but you'll definitely need a car. We did Malibu, Santa Monica, Griffith Observatory and also had a ride to Disneyland for the day.

If you are looking at flights and have to connect in the US then try to fly into Burbank. It's a tiny airport in the valley with connections all over the US and it's closer to everything and far easier to get out of than the mental LAX airport.

We did a trip there last summer and stayed in an AirBnB in Pasadena - quieter than most of LA but still within reach and prices not too bad. Managed to get to an LA dodgers game and that was very worthwhile so recommended. other than that I would agree with the comments on Griffith Observatory and park (great views) and there are the usual studio tours etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.