Labour / Tory Party meltdown Referendum fallout

I don't know whether it's just my perverse, iconoclastic sense of humour but I find it hugely entertaining watching the political classes run around like headless chickens, stabbing each other in the back, because the great unwashed delivered a result none of them remotely expected.
Almost good enough reason to vote for brexit
The face of British politics has been changed forever and no one saw it coming and this is just the start Political Parties could yet go to the wall

We have an opposition at war a prime minister who doesn't seem to give a toss, gideon and boris are MIA, a populous divided, the scots wanting to leave again and the Irish figuring out what their border will look like.

Now a call for a unity government and some loon on twitter calling for the queen to take over.

We could all

image.jpg

It's like the 70s and 80s all over again.

The face of British politics has been changed forever and no one saw it coming and this is just the start Political Parties could yet go to the wall

Wouldn't mind a seismic change, but maybe it's not the best timing? We don't want to be a basket case politically right now, too much at stake
(Labour excepted as things can only get better (have I heard that before?))

I think it's the individual affect on the voters. I have always voted Labour, but find myself at odds with the majority of their MPs over the EU. A leadership change could lead to a pro-EU stance which could kill off any chance of voting Labour again. I might find the only options to protect my referendum vote will be Boris and Nigel. A third of Labour voters could find themselves in the same boat. UKIP could be about to become a major player. This, I feel, is how the SNP became a dominant force after their referendum.

We have an opposition at war a prime minister who doesn't seem to give a toss, gideon and boris are MIA, a populous divided, the scots wanting to leave again and the Irish figuring out what their border will look like.

Now a call for a unity government and some loon on twitter calling for the queen to take over.

We could all

image.jpg

Please god some one photoshop Gideon into that picture.

I think it's the individual affect on the voters. I have always voted Labour, but find myself at odds with the majority of their MPs over the EU. A leadership change could lead to a pro-EU stance which could kill off any chance of voting Labour again. I might find the only options to protect my referendum vote will be Boris and Nigel. A third of Labour voters could find themselves in the same boat. UKIP could be about to become a major player. This, I feel, is how the SNP became a dominant force after their referendum.
People in the media have been quoting this figure of a third of labour voters leaving them if the majority do see ukip as the only option I feel that could be the end for labour. I agree about Scotland life long Labour voters no longer feel they can vote Labour. The left wing Labour members jyst don't seem to see this and come a general election they couldbe wiped out in England

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.