lancashire CCC

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by es1, 27 Jul 2010.

1. es1

es1

choke on the big occasion yet again

when will they pull it together when it matters?

2. Shands

Shands

I'm bumping this so I can have a bit of a moan.

Apparently Lancs fielded a team of 'Youngsters' in the CB40 last night against Somerset....or did they? Well in short no they didn't! The team was

Smith (24), Brown (22), Croft (25) Horton (27) Cross (26) Procter (22) Sutton (33) Hogg (27) Parry (24) Montgomery (28) Keedy (35) = average age 27

Our top order has been terrible in the Championship this year and yet Brown and Proctor can't get a look in. With the exception of Kerrigan I'm hard pushed to remember the last time a player under 21 was given a decent opporunity to establish himself at 1st team level. Are we just not producing good enough players anymore or is it bad mangement?

Steven Mullaney couldn't get a look in at Lancs but has gone to Notts and is performing brilliantly. Miller & Simpson aren't doing too badly either. Hampshire and Yorkshire in particular have blooded numerous young players the last two or three years and appear to be profiting, why don't Lancs?

3. EL APACHE TEVEZ

EL APACHE TEVEZ

worst side iv'e seen in years,god help them when chappie goes,last of the old guard.

4. allan harper

allan harper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4XmtZ2seac
    This ^^^

5. meeesh

meeesh

Really poor season this has been yea,so many inconsistent batting performances,but without Anderson and dare I say Flintoff we were always going to struggle at the bowling end !!

Am looking to Chanderpaul to score quite a few runs though between now and end of season,starting in tomorrows match down in Kent.

6. alib

alib

you could pick a really good team of young local players Lancashire have let go to other counties over recent years (most of whom played in the Lancashire League as kids)...........

M. Brown (Sur)
    J. Simpson wk (Mid)
    V. Tripathi (Nor)
    S. Mullaney (Not)
    D. Brown (Gla)
    C.Schofield (Sur)
    J. Clare (Der)
    K. Barker (War)
    S. Kirby (Glo)
    L. Daggett (Nor)

7. tommyducks

tommyducks

I've been following them since the early 70s and this is the worst side I've seen. That Peter Moores has made some difference hasn't he?

8. EL APACHE TEVEZ

EL APACHE TEVEZ

Bring back Bumble.

9. tommyducks

tommyducks

STOORRRT THE CORRRR!

10. try being a Surrey fan.