Last Film You Saw

Where the Crawdads Sings: 7.9/10

Really enjoyed this, loved the pace of the storey! Had it all and well put together..

A love story!
A survival story?
A Murder Mystery?

Abandoned by her family, Kya Clark, otherwise known to the townspeople of Barkley Cove as the Marsh Girl, is mysterious and wild. "Where the Crawdads Sing" is a coming-of-age story of a young girl raised by the marshlands of the south in the 1950s. When the town hotshot is found dead, and inexplicably linked to Kya, the Marsh Girl is the prime suspect in his murder case.

Three Thousand years of Longing: 6.8/10

The story kept me watching and a spin on an old story..

Dr Alithea Binnie (Tilda Swinton) is an academic - content with life and a creature of reason. While in Istanbul attending a conference, she happens to encounter a Djinn (Idris Elba) who offers her three wishes in exchange for his freedom. This presents two problems. First, she doubts that he is real and second, because she is a scholar of story and mythology, she knows all the cautionary tales of wishes gone wrong. The Djinn pleads his case by telling her fantastical stories of his past. Eventually she is beguiled and makes a wish that surprises them both.

Where the Crawdads Sings: 7.9/10

Really enjoyed this, loved the pace of the storey! Had it all and well put together..

A love story!
A survival story?
A Murder Mystery?

Abandoned by her family, Kya Clark, otherwise known to the townspeople of Barkley Cove as the Marsh Girl, is mysterious and wild. "Where the Crawdads Sing" is a coming-of-age story of a young girl raised by the marshlands of the south in the 1950s. When the town hotshot is found dead, and inexplicably linked to Kya, the Marsh Girl is the prime suspect in his murder case.

Interesting.

I thought the film suffered for not having a clearer narrative about the protagonist.

In the end I didn't care one way or the other.

Moonfall.

Two and a half hours of my life wasted, though on a more positive note, I can watch any other film ever made knowing it won't be as bad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.