Last Film You Saw

Silence of the Lambs. Not watched for about 10 years. Anthony Hopkins!! Wow!! Fantastic performance. Not just from him but Jodie Foster. You can feel the menace of Hannibal Lecter through the screen.

If you haven't seen it for some time give it another watch.
9.5/10
hannibal.gif

Actually it was Rudolph Hoss , Rudolph Hess is a different person.
Both twats tho
It's hard to fathom how evil Germany was. But then again so were pretty much everyone else, including Israel ironicly.

I'm just glad to be far away from the most recent set of murderous cunts.

Code 8 part 2, meh 5/10
Back to the Future, haven’t watched in years, now has 4k Dolby Atmos mix, still fantastic 39 years old film! 8.5/10 will watch the other two today I think.

Back To Black. It was disappointing. They could’ve done far more with it than “this is Amy Winehouse’s life” and told lesser told stories.
Saw it over the weekend, totally agree with you. Was disappointed with the film, seemed not a lot happened over the 2hrs, what a singer tho...

Saw it over the weekend, totally agree with you. Was disappointed with the film, seemed not a lot happened over the 2hrs, what a singer tho...

Reviews have been luke warm at best. I look at a comparison like England Is Mine (Morrissey) and it was far better.

Reviews have been luke warm at best. I look at a comparison like England Is Mine (Morrissey) and it was far better.
Don't think I would watch it again, films like Rocket Man and Bohemian Rhapsody, both the wife and I often do...
this film tho, can't put my finger on it, but, something was lacking...every time I saw that Blake character, it was like watching Dermot O'Leary.....

Don't think I would watch it again, films like Rocket Man and Bohemian Rhapsody, both the wife and I often do...
this film tho, can't put my finger on it, but, something was lacking...every time I saw that Blake character, it was like watching Dermot O'Leary.....

All I saw was Cook from Skins! My mate Liam is an actor and worked with him in the finale as the boss. Said he was a great lad.

Unforgiven - 8/10

Unforgiven, for those who haven't seen it, is a western starring Clint Eastwood, Gene Hackman and Morgan Freeman. It won numerous Oscar awards in 1992 including Best Picture. An enjoyable watch.

Although Gene Hackman's character, Little Bill, the sheriff of the fictional town, "Big Whiskey" in 1881 Wyoming is detestable - especially for his extremely harsh treatment of those who break the law including the beating to death of Morgan Freeman's character - is Little Bill any less detestable than Clint Eastwood's character Will Munny?

Munny takes on a job to assassinate 2 men accused of slashing a prostitute - one of whom did the slashing and his partner. The partner expresses remorse for the slashing and did not take part in the violence. Yet Munny, guns him down.

Later, in a fit of rage over his the killing of his friend, Ned Logan (played by Freeman), Munny guns down the owner of a bar, and numerous sheriff's deputies.

I suppose it's all part of the plot and fits the story line too.

Indeed the story opens with this on-screen text about Munny's deceased wife (she died of small pox some 3-years before the movie starts):
"She was a comely young woman and not without prospects. Therefore it was heartbreaking to her mother that she would enter into marriage with William Munny, a known thief and murderer, a man of notoriously vicious and intemperate disposition."

On reflection - maybe I'll give the film 9/10 :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.