Last Film You Saw

Dunkirk, bit up its own arse I thought. Lost interest half way through. Shame, could of been superb. 4/10

There wasn’t enough build up for me. Scene one he is virtually one the beach. I know that’s what the story is about but I thought they could have built up to that point by showing soldiers on the retreat, losing territory and being forced back. I lost interest a bit too. I’m not sure it lived up to its hype

There wasn’t enough build up for me. Scene one he is virtually one the beach. I know that’s what the story is about but I thought they could have built up to that point by showing soldiers on the retreat, losing territory and being forced back. I lost interest a bit too. I’m not sure it lived up to its hype
Yes totally get what you mean about them just being on the beach. Also found the dialogue weird and off putting. I know it was all aimed at building the tension, just thought it made for a really boring film.

Shot Caller 7/10 - Good watch and would have been higher, thought some of the action scenes although good could have been longer after the buildup to them.

Story about a white collar businessman being "institutionalised"/dragged down by the system after spending time in the slammer. Hope this isn't one of those based on a true story films or that's just sad.

Last edited:
Spiderman the homecoming. We have done the learning bit why go back over it making him out to be a clumsy oaf. I turned it off when he was running through the back gardens. 3/10

"Brad's Status".

I've been hugely impressed by Ben Stiller's work, in recent years. I like the way he has moved into drama, but still retains the comedic refrain of his early years. It helps to soften deep subjects and makes him an 'every man' on screen. His on screen son, played by Abrahms, is quite believable, also, in this piece.

This film is of a similar/ recognisable theme of searching the mid life for Stiller and it serves him well.

However, I also hope he moves on from this exploration for a while.

Without being truly excellent, this film makes you explore your own 'what ifs', even if it is just for a moment or two...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.