Last Film You Saw

GB has its issues for me but I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

Murray underused and lots of scenes (including ones with him) from the trailers weren’t included.

Final act felt rushed and would have benefited from more time seeing how the big bad wreaked havoc.

Better than Afterlife? Very, very different style. This felt like an extended episode of the cartoon - and I mean that as a compliment.

I love the original and its sequel - these last two are pleasant additions but obviously don’t come close to GB1.

Better than Afterlife? Really? That was a brilliant nostalgia trip, this new one looks OK I'll obviously still watch it, but it looks no where near as good as Afterlife.
I've only watched Afterlife once and alcohol may have been imbibed.

I cant remember anything of note from it, other than them finding ECTO1. I should give it a rewatch and assess it again.

GB has its issues for me but I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

Murray underused and lots of scenes (including ones with him) from the trailers weren’t included.

Final act felt rushed and would have benefited from more time seeing how the big bad wreaked havoc.

Better than Afterlife? Very, very different style. This felt like an extended episode of the cartoon - and I mean that as a compliment.

I love the original and its sequel - these last two are pleasant additions but obviously don’t come close to GB1.
Im still of the opinion there are only two Ghostbusters movies, the original which was brilliant and 2 which was ok.

Afterlife was nice from a nostalgic point of view but having rewatched it recently its at best a 5/10. The latest one i felt is not as good as Afterlife.

Maybe im getting old, but what made the original great, wasn't the plot line or the special effects, but the comedic performances of Murray and Aykroyd with Ramis as the straight man. Moranis being the icing on the cake. The comedy seems to have been lost in the recent ones and replaced with schmaltzy storytelling.

Im still of the opinion there are only two Ghostbusters movies, the original which was brilliant and 2 which was ok.

Afterlife was nice from a nostalgic point of view but having rewatched it recently its at best a 5/10. The latest one i felt is not as good as Afterlife.

Maybe im getting old, but what made the original great, wasn't the plot line or the special effects, but the comedic performances of Murray and Aykroyd with Ramis as the straight man. Moranis being the icing on the cake. The comedy seems to have been lost in the recent ones and replaced with schmaltzy storytelling.

You’re not wrong although I do have a soft spot for GB2 as it was the first film I ever saw at the cinema (Roxy at Hollywood.)

That humour of the 80’s was a moment in time and even by GB2 it was over. These last two films can’t possibly hope to recapture that and therefore I enjoyed them for what they were.

I do think they probably need to leave it now though. There’s talk of an animated Netflix series which might be interesting.

If you don't shed a tear when egon is with his granddaughter at the end of afterlife your not human.. ;-)...
I really liked afterlife.
Problem for me is ghostbusters is the best film ever made from my generation.

Your never gonna get close..
But afterlife and although I've not see the new one , I know I'm gonna like it because the old crew are involved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.