Last manager who City fans really wanted sacked

Was never really a fan of Stuart Pearce as a footballer for City.
He did have a good career (especially as coming from non-League, into the professional game late), but came too late to City.
He still thought you could dive-in on the opposition and get 2 or 3 warnings. Lived on his past reputation and was not aware times had changed.
So when he became Manager, I was gutted.
He may be a good Coach ? But, definitely not a manager, as seen with his more recent role at West Ham.
From what I've heard, since he has left Manchester City, he is a bitter ex-employee with a severe grudge ?
I don’t think he’s even a good coach.
I was shocked at how bad he was as a player. Even at that stage of his career.

He’s my choice for worst manager.

I can’t believe the stick Pellegrini is getting. He calmed a volatile situation, played some great attacking football, won three trophies and took us to the semi finals of the Champions League.

He’s statistically the second most successful manager we’ve ever had and an absolute gentleman too.
I think Pellegrini was let down by the quality of players signed. I am unsure why but City constantly missed signing targets before and during his tenure and ended up with second choice stopgaps like Fernando, Javi Garcia, Rodwell, Boni, etc.

The quality of the squad was certainly declining, presumably due to financial restraints. Despite this City were competitive throughout and won a League and two League Cups.

I wanted Pellegrini gone. He did well for us but that last season in the league was hideous and we were very fortunate to be in the CL for Pep’s first season.

Alan Ball.
I'm sure he was a lovely bloke, and Franny's mate and all of that. But to sack Horton to bring him in was an absolute travesty. As a football manager, he was genuinely clueless on every single level.
As if this needed to be confirmed, the last few minutes of the relegation clincher will do so. City came back from 0-2 down to 2-2. Alan Ball then instructed the team to take the ball to the corner to waste time even though City were going down as things stood. Niall Quinn was doing his nut from the touchline and trying to wave the City players forward.

That goes beyond tactical incompetance towards mind-boggling stupidity.

Reactions: PPT
Pearce. He made us a laughing stock with that toy horse nonsense, and I remember him punching the air after a nil nil at home to Charlton in late April, when we hadn’t scored at home since Xmas. Uninspiring to say the least.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.