Last manager who City fans really wanted sacked

But some of the ground work done by Hughes. I know Hughes was mostly incompetent in getting the very best of the players he had at his disposal he did recruit part of our first Premier Title winning.
Vinnie, Kolo, de Jong and Lescott were good signings too. Although he turned his nose up at a young Thiago Silva for the latter.

Frank Clarke! Dreadful manager to me! If we had sacked him a month before we did I reckon Joe royle would have kept us up that season!
While I agree he was useless. I believe he did sign Kevin Horlock… which proved to be a brilliant signing.

Apart from beating the scousers on penalties thanks to Willy Caballero and our first Champions League semi (although we did look miles off winning it)
Hence the “somewhat”

I was always grateful for Pellegrini’s stint but we were miles off in the league and barely scraped CL football. Coming off the back of a disappointing season the year before I remember there were many fans wanting Manuel gone asap.

Pellegrini. Watching his teams get bettered by Spurs and Leicester. He never reacted or changed. Classy guy, but god it was bad towards the end.

Hence the “somewhat”

I was always grateful for Pellegrini’s stint but we were miles off in the league and barely scraped CL football. Coming off the back of a disappointing season the year before I remember there were many fans wanting Manuel gone asap.
He did have a look of more of keeping things ticking over whilst waiting for our main target in Pep but did alright considering.

Reactions: kun
I remember a lot of noise about Pellegrini getting the chop towards the end of the 14/15 season. Rumours about Klopp, Ancelotti, Benitez, even Vieira on an interim basis. Then we had a very strong finish to the season, finished a comfortable second and the noise died down.

Pellegrini. Watching his teams get bettered by Spurs and Leicester. He never reacted or changed. Classy guy, but god it was bad towards the end.
Domestically could have done better but did help us get beyond the group stages of the Champions League and gave us a very rough idea of what to expect under Pep

The only City manager I really wanted sacking was Ron Saunders. He may have won the title with Villa and his team may have won the European Cup, but his playing style bored me to distraction.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.