Last nights atmosphere

Absolutely cracking atmophere last night! Even better than the derby! COMS was rocking!

About 5 mins in, a steward came along and told a group of lads across from us to sit down, which was not well received (everyone around was stood up), the steward then turned his attention to me. Before I had a chance to protest, the elderly gent sat behind me piped up with “we didn’t beat them before by sitting down and letting them have their way”, which was greeted by applause, and a round of “Stand up, if you love City”. The steward just winked at me and walked off.

From where I was I got a really good view of the Hamburg fans, who were top notch! The flares really added to the feel of a big European occasion, and their support was very vocal and well coordinated.

It was really good to see what kind of atmosphere we can produce when everyone gets behind the team! It was a shame we conceded early on, but we had a real go at them and were unlucky in the end to not, at least, force ET. All in all, pretty satisfied with the levels of effort etc from all - even Robbie was getting stuck in at times.

move to the singing section - no-one ever sits down there, and i think the stewards/rozzers have given up trying to tell people what to do.

A bizarre thing has started to happen though. if you go to the loo, or leave your seat during the game, when you get back some random is usually stood in your place. it's happened to my mates at the last two games now, and when they've returned to their seat, the randoms have not moved, so you get two people stood in one seat (if that makes sense). A quick 'fook off' usually does the trick, but who are these jokers, and what are they trying to achieve? If you're that keen to get in the standing/singing section, just ask the ticket office to move your seat when you renew your season ticket!!

PS, bluestew, etc i'll be in the Park in the near future - i take it you go in the vault, not the lounge?

The InvisiBLUE Man said:
Absolutely cracking atmophere last night! Even better than the derby! COMS was rocking!

About 5 mins in, a steward came along and told a group of lads across from us to sit down, which was not well received (everyone around was stood up), the steward then turned his attention to me. Before I had a chance to protest, the elderly gent sat behind me piped up with “we didn’t beat them before by sitting down and letting them have their way”, which was greeted by applause, and a round of “Stand up, if you love City”. The steward just winked at me and walked off.

was this in block 122 area?

To Montonblue !!

In the vault !! unless the muppets are on, then it's the lounge !!

Get in block 216 next to the away fans, cracking up there, about 10 off us in that block from Monton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.