Latitude Festival

4HeatonsBlue

Got back yesterday and it was ace!

Seen loads of bands - Captain, Black Kids, I am Kloot, Seasick Steve, Noah and the Whale, Glasvegas, The Howling Bells

Highlights were

Foals - Really good live - songs do sound similar on the album but were great live

Mars Volta - Blew my away - superb and the best live I saw all festival - saw half of this set and half of Sigur Ros

Sigur Ros - See above - spellbinding

Interpol - headlined the final day and were awesome - been looking forward to this for ages and they did not disapoint. Dressed cool as fuck as well

Franz Ferdinand - Were actually decent live - not nearly as sickly pop as you would think

It was the most chilled out festival I have been to - loads of families but still a great time. The bands were on till 11pm and then they had 2 seperate raves in the forest until 3am every night

I'd urge evryone to go there no knobs (Well apart from me and my mates) without the size of Glastonbury and the hassle of Reading

Charlatans, Delays, Guillemots, Florence and the Machine on Saturday at Clapham Common then KOL at Brixton Academy in August

But now its time for the football season!!!

What did you think of Glasvegas, heard reports of Glastonbury where it was considered they put in a pretty average performance, but IMO they stormed T in the Park when I saw them.

4HeatonsBlue said:
Charlatans, Delays, Guillemots, Florence and the Machine on Saturday
What did you think? I enjoyed the early finish (maybe I'm getting old), the weather was great and so was the ice-cream. Not sure about TB's new wood-chopping moves though!!
I saw some girl get twatted by a frisby....clonk, right on the temple, poor kid!!
I'm off there again today.

Tony Henry's tache said:
4HeatonsBlue said:
Charlatans, Delays, Guillemots, Florence and the Machine on Saturday
What did you think? I enjoyed the early finish (maybe I'm getting old), the weather was great and so was the ice-cream. Not sure about TB's new wood-chopping moves though!!
I saw some girl get twatted by a frisby....clonk, right on the temple, poor kid!!
I'm off there again today.

Was a good day.

Florence and the Machine were the first band that I saw and they were excellent.

Did a wicked version of Cold War Kids as well

Delays were crap + the bird from Ash was OK

Guillemots were wicked - class live

Charlatans were OK - focused mainly on new album which the majoirty of the crowd didnt know. Sound was also a bit shit for this set
They did Weirdo, Only One I Know, How High and Sproston Green which pleased the crowd

Good day out though - well worth the £8 a ticket!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.