Leadership

BlueSinceBirth

Hi fellas, not posted for years but wanted to share my thoughts around this.

City have had some great captains over the years and also some pretty poor ones... Often players are given the captaincy as they 'lead by example' I.e giving 110% e.g Tevez...
However other times, captains posess the skill of leadership. Vincent Kompany is indeed a great example of this, however today at the Leeds game I was blown away by KOLO TOURE.

I now remember why I liked him when he first came to City. Sitting in the NW Corner, Kolo always runs to our corner and applauds the fans seconds before kick off and gets everybody up for it, then he runs to every single player individually and gives them a pep talk and a hug. Throughout the game, he gives 110% and was vocally present for the entire 90 minutes. Screaming instructions to HIS team and overall leading them to an easy victory.

I love Zabaleta as much as the next guy, but in terms of leadership Kolo Toure realy is something else and a valuable asset to this football club.

Unfortunately, Kolo Touré's long-term future is away from the Etihad.

That's probably one of the reasons he isn't captain nowadays.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.