League 1 Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

West Yorks Owl

Team supported
The Wednesday
As Public Enemy (ask your dad kids!) said "Here We Go Again"

Similar to last season it's wide open and half the division will fancy their chances of promotion for me from any of the following:

Derby County
Bolton Wanderers
Peterborough United
Barnsley
Pompey
MK Dons
Plymouth Argyle
Oxford United
Ipswich Town
The Wednesday

My dark horse this year Shrewsbury Town.

We have a tough start playing Pompey, MK Dons, Bolton, Posh & Charlton in our first 5 games, see where we are after that, no doubt if it's not a great start then Armageddon will be triggered with our fan base and we need to sack the manager.

It's good to have football back :)

You haven’t included Exeter!

;-)
Had a great season last year, along with Forest Green, The Gas & Port Vale who will all fancy their chances of pushing on
Don't forget Wycombe !

Doh! You know what I nearly forgot to put Ipswich on my list, think it might be easier to say who won't be in the mix :)

@West Yorks Owl any prediction on where Wednesday will finish? I would be interested to hear an analysis of how you think you will do and squad strengths/weaknesses.
For my local team - Cheltenham Town - I predict a few worries but a reasonably comfortable finish in the lower half of the table without being dragged into a relegation dogfight.

Think it will between Wednesday and Ipswich tbh for the title ........... massive hype around Derby don’t think there fans realise how tough it is to get out of that league

@West Yorks Owl any prediction on where Wednesday will finish? I would be interested to hear an analysis of how you think you will do and squad strengths/weaknesses.
For my local team - Cheltenham Town - I predict a few worries but a reasonably comfortable finish in the lower half of the table without being dragged into a relegation dogfight.
I would love to say top 2 but we'll see, we have recruited well but would still like to get Wilks from Hull over the line to add a bit of pace/something different.

Think it will between Wednesday and Ipswich tbh for the title ........... massive hype around Derby don’t think there fans realise how tough it is to get out of that league
Derby will be interested if they get injuries, nobody can dispute their signings should be playing a level up, but will their age count against them.

I do think Rosenior is a good coach though, which can count for a lot.

I would love to say top 2 but we'll see, we have recruited well but would still like to get Wilks from Hull over the line to add a bit of pace/something different.

Derby will be interested if they get injuries, nobody can dispute their signings should be playing a level up, but will their age count against them.

I do think Rosenior is a good coach though, which can count for a lot.
How many clubs of that size jump straight back up out of league 1 ????
Not many look at the like if you lot ,Ipswich amongst others .......... look how long it took Sunderland, Sheff Utd and Leeds to get out ............ having the players is ok if they are in store to be everybody’s cup final

Had a great season last year, along with Forest Green, The Gas & Port Vale who will all fancy their chances of pushing on

Doh! You know what I nearly forgot to put Ipswich on my list, think it might be easier to say who won't be in the mix :)
My comment was tongue-in-cheek.

I’ll be happy if the Grecians survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.