League Cup Final - Post Match Thread

I dont think its even a nudge, he stood his ground while the defender foolishly backed in
Exactly what happened, I'd suggest Mustafi doesn't know (or forgot) the new rule about a player not being offside from a goal kick, so thought he was safe.

We've been trying this move all season, and I'd say its execution yesterday is one of our best set pieces of the season.

We've been trying this move all season, and I'd say its execution yesterday is one of our best set pieces of the season.

I found it amusing today reading the views of pundits and opposition fans stating that it was simply 'long ball football'. Idiots.

I found it amusing today reading the views of pundits and opposition fans stating that it was simply 'long ball football'. Idiots.
Yeah they are, we don't do it every game, but we've certainly tried it from Ederson a number of times to both Aguero and Jesus, it was amusing that it finally paid off for Bravo, but that shows the consistency and depth in our coaching.

Wilshere's moaning: The first one was not a foul. He is allowed to stand his ground, just because a guy is backing up into you doesn't mean you have to move. It was crap defending and loss of focus. The second one is only offside if Sane is considered engaging in the play or blocking view. The camera angle from behind the goal showed that none of that was true. I've always liked the way Wilshere plays. But in that match, he acted like a rag.

Even i know it's to beat the press and i know fuck all about tactics really
Watch our kick off's, we go back then a long ball straight into the corner, puts the opponent immediately on the back foot in their final third, where even if they have a throw in, we can press them, or if we have possession we can attack, again its real attention to detail.

Wilshere's moaning: The first one was not a foul. He is allowed to stand his ground, just because a guy is backing up into you doesn't mean you have to move. It was crap defending and loss of focus. The second one is only offside if Sane is considered engaging in the play or blocking view. The camera angle from behind the goal showed that none of that was true. I've always liked the way Wilshere plays. But in that match, he acted like a rag.

He's moaning alright.....

Last edited:
Watch our kick off's, we go back then a long ball straight into the corner, puts the opponent immediately on the back foot in their final third, where even if they have a throw in, we can press them, or if we have possession we can attack, again its real attention to detail.
It's been a real education for me,i watch the games back and as you say attention to detail is amazing and well rehearsed,vinny said today it's like being at university and he teaches them something new every day

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.