League One Thread - 2021/22 | Sunderland promoted

After getting taken to the cleaners at the Stadium of Light on Thursday, today away at Shrewsbury was one of those games where you want to see a reaction at least

I'll keep it short & sweet

ABSOLUTE DOGSHIT

Looking at the positives I can't wait until next season where we are being rolled over by Forest Green Rovers & Sutton United after their promotions.

It would be less painful being addicted to heroin!

After getting taken to the cleaners at the Stadium of Light on Thursday, today away at Shrewsbury was one of those games where you want to see a reaction at least

I'll keep it short & sweet

ABSOLUTE DOGSHIT

Looking at the positives I can't wait until next season where we are being rolled over by Forest Green Rovers & Sutton United after their promotions.

It would be less painful being addicted to heroin!
Watched the start of the 2nd half not great viewing tbh got to feel for the fans yet again travelling in big numbers to be let down again

Watched the start of the 2nd half not great viewing tbh got to feel for the fans yet again travelling in big numbers to be let down again

How Bowman missed the open goal is beyond me, should have been 2-0 game over.

Regarding the fans isn't the definition of madness doing the same thing over & over again and expecting different results? ;)

Finally got to go to a game yesterday for the first time in 7 weeks (Nov 27th) due to games cancelled for COVID & 4 away games that I didn't get tickets for.

After geting spanked by Sunderland and then a really poor show at Shrewsbury I was fearing the worst against Plymouth, who have already beat us twice 3-0 in League & FA Cup.

Add to that one of our better loan players Theo Corbeanu was recalled by Wolves, and sent out to MK Dons due to lack of game time. It's fair to say the natives were restless and I feared the worst.

The outcome couldn't have been more different, this was the first time all season we have played well for longer than 20-30 mins.

Went in at HT 2-0 and it could have been 5, and that's coming from a pessimist. they didn't have a shot on or off target in the 1st half.

Of course we thought we ='d make the game interesting and 30 seconds into 2nd half we gave then a free kick on the edge of the box that they scored from, good goal to be fair.

For once though we didn't retreat and kept going forward with our foot on the gas and made it 3-1 with 10 to go, again we allowed them back in with their 3rd shot of the game but rather than give me palputations we scored again straight from the kick off.

You know when you've played well when opposition manager says the scoreline flattered them. Felt good not having your weekend ruined by the result :)

I just wish we could play consistently like that as we look good (for this division) when we do.

Elsewhere Wycombe go top with a 2-0 over Oxford and Wigan won 1-2 away at bottom club Doncaster Rovers. Rotherham lost to a late goal at Fleetwood and Sunderland will be dissappointed to draw 1-1 at 10 man Accrington.

Wigan are 4th 4 points off the top but have 5 games in hand, due to COVID February is a big month as teams have games coming thick & fast.

Wycombe have had a good week after a bad patch, looks wide open.
Went there yesterday with Oxford! Done us 2-0 and dented the Oxford Play Off charge big strong side Oxford should of gone 1 up and from the consequent counter went one down and chased the game pretty much after that. Got one of the biggest Centre Half’s I’ve ever seen. They looked solid at home

Went there yesterday with Oxford! Done us 2-0 and dented the Oxford Play Off charge big strong side Oxford should of gone 1 up and from the consequent counter went one down and chased the game pretty much after that. Got one of the biggest Centre Half’s I’ve ever seen. They looked solid at home
I'm not that bothered but my mate is a big Wycombe fan so I look out for them. League 1 like the Championship is super competitive, I wish Oxford all the best.

Out of all the teams I've seen this year and despite them being top I wasn't impressed by Wycombe, they just seemed hoof it merchants. Sunderland, Rotherham, Wigan, MK Dons, Oxford all looked a better team to me.

I saw a stat last night that suprised me as the keeper that has made the most saves in the division was David Stockdale, now i would have thought a keeper from a team lower down the league would be top as the team isn't as good and he has more to do, not the team top of the league?

TBF he is a cracking keeper for this level.

Good Bolton debut for loan keeper James Trafford - clean sheet and a win.
The Wigan five games in hand over the top two is crazy - wonder if they can cope with playing frequently to fit those games in.

Really exciting watching this league unfold.

Good Bolton debut for loan keeper James Trafford - clean sheet and a win.
The Wigan five games in hand over the top two is crazy - wonder if they can cope with playing frequently to fit those games in.

Really exciting watching this league unfold.

They are also still in the FA Cup & Papa Johns Pepperoni Stuffed Crust with 2 Side Orders of Wedges & Nachos Trophy.

The EFL have turned down their request to extend the season which finishes on the 30th April for League 1 & 2 this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.