Learning a foreign language

sboroMCFC

Has anyone here taught themselves a foreign language in their spare time? If so, what did you find was the best way of doing it? Cheers

I'm going to have a bash at Spanish.

Started watching Revista and football with Spanish commentary, learn the pronunciations and sounds.

If you're learning Spanish I can recommend the Michel Thomas dvd's. He has a foundation and advanced box set as well as a vocab one. The first two you can get for about £30 each and the vocab is about £15. All are good value for money.

You have to get past the fact that he's a French man teaching Spanish in English and listen to what he's actually saying. His way of teaching is as if you are learning from being 1 year old. You're not supposed to write anything down, only listen and repeat to yourself.

I will say though, you will either love him or hate. Some people think he is a hero, plenty don't.

jay_mcfc said:
If you're learning Spanish I can recommend the Michel Thomas dvd's. He has a foundation and advanced box set as well as a vocab one. The first two you can get for about £30 each and the vocab is about £15. All are good value for money.

You have to get past the fact that he's a French man teaching Spanish in English and listen to what he's actually saying. His way of teaching is as if you are learning from being 1 year old. You're not supposed to write anything down, only listen and repeat to yourself.

I will say though, you will either love him or hate. Some people think he is a hero, plenty don't.
So is that Mitchel, Meeshell, or Meehell?

I have Rosetta Stone with a lot of language packs.

Really good - done a lot of hours on spanish, and some on german + japanese. I'd like to do some more but I can't find my microphone. I have Russian, Mandarin, Italian, and loads more... I wonder if I can beat Bobby to speaking fluent in Italian before he does in English...

Watching la liga the other day, and my brother said 'why is fifa 11 advertised as somos 11 in spain??' - simply the translation of our advertisement 'we are 11'. So, learning spanish hasn't been totally pointless. ;)

If anyone needs any... advice on getting Rosetta Stone, I know some great deals if you want to PM.<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:21 pm --<br /><br />
mancitymick said:
pee dubya said:
I'm going to have a bash at Spanish.

Started watching Revista and football with Spanish commentary, learn the pronunciations and sounds.

Goooooooaaaaaalllllllllllllllll meeesssssiiiiiiiiii

That translates as goal Messi

Incorrect... Gooooooolllllllllllllllll meeesssssiiiiiiiiii

;)

BlueDan91 said:
got a trip to japan coming up in april so im trying my hand at learning the lingo!
Ike, ne, san, she, go, rucko, itch, atch, cod, du **spelling completely out

Domo aragoto Aramas

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.