Leeds Away 10th March 1982........Any Blues Attend ?

I've been asked about this quite recently, as there wasn't any TV coverage, and despite winning 1-0, even some blues who were there can't remember. It was also the only game at Elland Road that I missed around that period.

80-81 we definitely wore red and black stripes
83-84 we definitely wore our normal sky blue home kit.

Not dissimilar to Swansea away when for some reason we wore red and black in 81-82 but sky blue in 83-84

I know its 40 years ago but if any bluemooners attended our 1-0 victory that afternoon at Elland Road can you recall if we wore the home or away shirt.
Late 70s/early 80s I can only remember us in blue at Elland Rd. I think we wore red and black stripes in the 2-2 draw in '75 when Willie Donachie fluked a late equaliser.

Late 70s/early 80s I can only remember us in blue at Elland Rd. I think we wore red and black stripes in the 2-2 draw in '75 when Willie Donachie fluked a late equaliser.
In the late 60s and early 70s we often wore our away kit at Elland Road, but that was probably due to a combination of black and white television, and City's normal home kit having white shorts.
However, from 76-77 to 84-85 City's home kit was all sky blue, so strictly speaking, we wouldn't have needed our away kit at Leeds, Tottenham, Swansea etc

Yet for some reason, we occasionally wore red and black stripes, so I'm guessing that's why the OP is asking the question.

In the late 60s and early 70s we often wore our away kit at Elland Road, but that was probably due to a combination of black and white television, and City's normal home kit having white shorts.
However, from 76-77 to 84-85 City's home kit was all sky blue, so strictly speaking, we wouldn't have needed our away kit at Leeds, Tottenham, Swansea etc

Yet for some reason, we occasionally wore red and black stripes, so I'm guessing that's why the OP is asking the question.
We definitely wore blue there in 76/77 to 79/80 including 2 FA Cup ties, then 80/81 you're certain it was the change kit and while I remember Reeves scoring the winner in 81/82 I can't picture which kit he was wearing. Old age!

We definitely wore blue there in 76/77 to 79/80 including 2 FA Cup ties, then 80/81 you're certain it was the change kit and while I remember Reeves scoring the winner in 81/82 I can't picture which kit he was wearing. Old age!
Yeah definitely the red and black stripes in 80/81 and it's also included on the CITY documentary, from the period just before Bond replacing Allison.
Back to sky blue in 83-84 when Parlane scored the late winner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.