Left Back

Who should we sign at left back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't get the flapping, do we need a left back? Yes. Are we in a significantly worse position that last year if we don't get one? No.

Walker and Cancelo are comfortable playing RB and LB respectively. We have basically swapped Zinchenko for JWE. He is not as proved and a completely different type of player being pacey and at a guess nowhere near as comfortable or experienced on the ball as Zin was. He will give us a different dimension overlapping out wide and having pace. If we go into this season as we are our cover is a bit less experienced and a bit lighter than it was last season our starting 11 is stronger.

With Ake as experienced cover too if we need it I think we will be fine

JWE made how many appearances for us last season? And you expect that he'll be able to walk into Zinchenko's position as number 2 LB? If Cancelo gets a major injury, you're comfortable with JWE who's never started a PL game being our first choice LB?

There's no problem with integrating a youth player but that's not integrating, that's bad planning and basically throwing a kid into the deep end.

I know it would mean dealing with Levy but apparently Sergio Reguilon wants out of spurs. I thought he looked decent whenever i've seen him.
I wonder how much Levy is going to ask for Reguilon seeing what Cucurella has just gone for.

Is Pavard linked at all? Always seems a tidy player to me.

Obv a right back option to cover walker so Cancelo can be left alone a lb

Pavard has started for Bayern so I doubt they are going to sell now. Gaya is a good option but the question is he on the club's shortlist. The other question is the club going to stick to what we have got

Last edited:
Club must be planning something. Would be nuts to leave it as is. Certainly want 4 full backs at the very least.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.