Leicester City (H) - Post-Match Thread

Scored from 9 set pieces this season.
Yep; just seen that come up on screen during the Villa/Chelsea game. Second in the league, 1 behind Liverpool (I think), with Villa 3rd in that table. Not sure we've ever had a great reputation as a set piece team. At least, not since we were founded in 2008. We tend to want to walk the ball in, to score the beautiful goal.

That was some match, credit to Leicester for not lying down in the 2nd half but we were wide open at times.
Superb from us in the 1st half.
Last 6-3 at home I can recall was against Arsenal in our title winning season under Pelligrini, when Fernandinho was immense. He was not remotely immense today unfortunately and looks to be struggling.
Hope those who turned up today enjoyed the game.
Last Prem 6:3 was probably Arsenal. Beat Leipzig 6:3 in Champs Lge in September. That game was a little different as we kept going 2 ahead and they kept getting one back. Needed the 2 goals when it was 4:3 that day too ! Think the amount of times we've scored 4 goals or more this season must be in double figures already?

Without reviewing the comments on here, I guess it’ll be about the Leicester come back that wasn’t a come back in the end.

It happens. Leading 4-0 and should’ve been 6, concentration fails and if you concede it’s hard to get back to thé rythm that was definitely there. The 5-3 was ever so important.

Its a win. An emphatic one. 7-0. 4-0. 6-3. Fck me any fan will be jealous.
And a splendid 1st half and we managed to turn it round in the end. 9 goals for the visitors. That’s not bad is it?

Lovely football first half. Not sure what happened second half, we were half asleep for a good while and Leicester were a lot more aggressive. Despite them going to 5 at the back they seemed to have more player on the pitch than us. Did well to pull ourselves together and get the fifth goal. We scored 6 goals but feel a bit miffed, silly I know.

Pep Guardiola has said Ruben Dias was not aggressive enough to get the ball and prevent Leicester's first goal, after Aymeric Laporte slipped, because he was one yellow card away from suspension. [via
@spbajko
]
Yeah that was true to be honest. I was expecting an slide challenge from him which could have prevented it..

That was a weird game and an unusual performance. I said at half time that they were getting shots off, had some half decent moments and teams don’t often do that when they play us. For half an hour the attacking performance was clinical, brilliant, something we don’t always see despite the amount of chances we create.

They changed their shape at half time and that hurt us, I don’t think we were complacent Pep doesn’t allow that and it’s cultured through the squad.

I don’t think we will see us concede 3 goals like that again. It’s a learning for us and in the long run will make us a better team in that we know what this league is all about and what we need to do to win it again.

Felt we missed Rodri despite the quality of Fern.

Its 3 points, but we go away from this game knowing the difficulty this league can give, an odd day but one which will make us a better team .

That was in fact a great result. The defence and its defensive problems can be fixed, and fixed quickly. That attack has now scored seventeen goals in three games. That takes some doing, whoever you're playing against.
The whole team was pretty complacent for about twenty minutes. That was poor. Again, rely on Pep for the rocket.
On to Brentford.

with an eye on the schedule, an attempt to do as little as was necessary is not players being "lazy". Game management is not an exact science, LCFC took City by surprise by not following the script and played as though it was 0-0, gained momentum and looked likely to score more. The collective WTF from the fans was understandable, from coasting to panicing does that. Thank fuck it turned out o.k. If ever an occasion threatened chaos, boxing day in the middle of a pandemic is one. 6 points clear, merry christmas folks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.