Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep full backs need strengthening but if we sign
Sane
Gundagon
Bolluci
I'd be happy with that
I know people say a stricker with Aguero injury record and that's fair enough but with Nacho, KDB, Silva, Gundagon,Sane, Sterling I'm sure Pep can find a way to score goals if Aguero is missing
Those 3 would do for me, really want a CB with experience like Bolluci

I didn't say we weren't interested I said they are not obtainable. Kroos won't be sold now that Real have pulled out of signing Pogba, Bonnuci is very very unlikely to be sold, Messi/Ronaldo/Bale/Suarez are pipe dreams, Pogba isn't world class yet and is too expensive. Who else is there?

I think the lack of options in the market right now shows how poor football has become now in comparison to what it was.

Yep full backs need strengthening but if we sign
Sane
Gundagon
Bolluci
I'd be happy with that
I know people say a stricker with Aguero injury record and that's fair enough but with Nacho, KDB, Silva, Gundagon,Sane, Sterling I'm sure Pep can find a way to score goals if Aguero is missing
Those 3 would do for me, really want a CB with experience like Bolluci

How high do you rate Bolluci?

Xhaka would have been a very sensible signing. He's the type of player who would have slotted into Bayern's midfield and wouldn't of looked out of place.

I personally feel for the style of football we will play under Pep, he would have been more ideal than Pogba. Xhaka dictates games, Pogba decorates them. That's the difference for me, with pep as manager and playing that type of high intensity possession type of football, we need another controller like Gundogan who combines defence to attack perfectly. It's very hard to pick a midfielder out there right now who has these qualities.

All well and good. Not saying you are wrong although it is guesswork but I don't know of anyone who would call him world class right now. Other than you maybe.

We are obviously interested in any world class player that becomes available and we have been heavily rumoured to be in for several that ultimately aren't available.

It's not a case of just rocking up and taking these players. In order to be considered world class you more than likely play for a massive team. And these teams don't make a habit of selling their best players. Madrid might do but only when making way for another player. If they can't tempt or are priced out of a Pogba they won't sell a Kroos.

It's all well and good saying buy Suarez, Neymar, Kroos, Bonnuci etc but they arent available. It seems as though Juve are turning down £50m+ for a 29 year old for crying out loud.

So what are we to do? Buy excellent younger players from smaller clubs and hope to make them world class (Sane, Stones, Sterling) buy the level below world class in the hope to improve them safe in the knowledge they will improve the team and squad anyway (Gundogen/Nolito/Peres)

If a world class player becomes available we will be in for them without a shadow. Are the likes of Chelsea Arsenal Spurs and the rags signing world class players?

I understand that and that's why I have no problem with us spending loads on Sane. Not all of us think Stones and Sterling are 'the level below world class' though.

All well and good. Not saying you are wrong although it is guesswork but I don't know of anyone who would call him world class right now. Other than you maybe.

Xhaka isn't world class because he's yet to be unleashed on the biggest stage. Then again, I wouldn't say Pogba is, not at all. There are very few world class players in football now.

Exactly. Yet Ethan is demanding we buy world class.

Ha I wouldn't go as far as 'demanding' but yes I think we need another. We always had a world class spine with Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero. Obviously toure is now over the hill so I think we need another world class talent to replace him with. You asked who I would suggest so. .. Kroos or Pogba. Both attainable if we're willing to spend enough money imo. However signing Bonucci would mean we would have a world class defence even when Kompany is injured which im not sure you could say the same with Stones. (Even though I actually rate him highly) but the fact he couldn't even get in the England team shows how far away he is from Bonucci 's level CURRENTLY

I am waiting for him to sign so I can enjoy his youtube videos, he is really exciting player to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.