Leroy Sane - 2016/2017 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danish commentators talked about him not feeling well and homesick in England, think he will be a lot better on the pitch once he overcomes the hurdle of being in a new country.

His performance against Arsenal is exactly what I expect to see from him over the next couple of seasons. He was everything you'd expect of a young winger really, quick, fearless, full of trickery and guilty of making the wrong decision on occasion. When you look at his potential it is frightening. His passing is at times absolutely excellent, as is his vision. It's great to see a wide player get his head up and pick out a pass. What he can also do, is in no space at all, beat a man if they commit to a tackle.

I hope he gets a run in the side now because I think he'll get better and better. He's better than Sterling was at that age, and with support he shouldn't suffer a dip in form the way Sterling did under Pellegrini and post Liverpool abuse. Arsenal have two of the best full backs around, they have so much pace but yet Sane and Sterling tore them to shreds. It's also good to show Navas what he needs to do when he comes on, it should give him the confidence to use his pace and also to get his head up when he gets in a good position.

When you consider the age of De Bruyne, and the imminent arrival of Gabriel Jesus there's a frightening amount of talent there. On their day a front four of Jesus, De Bruyne, Sterling, Sane is unbelievable. I think, particularly in the CL it will be a devastating combination and it allows us to stay compact and play on the counter with frightening pace.

As fans we're sometimes a bit too harsh on the young lads coming through. You can't blame Sane, Sterling or Stones for costing so much. It's the football world these days. If you let them have a couple of seasons at senior level you pay for it. That's why the club is investing so much at youth level to try and snap up talents before they've had a breakout season and cost a fortune. You've got to allow all three a game where it just doesn't happen for them. When you look at Messi and Ronaldo and how good they still are in their 30s and consider that their best seasons have been around the 29/30 year mark it puts into perspective how young these guys are.

His performance against Arsenal is exactly what I expect to see from him over the next couple of seasons. He was everything you'd expect of a young winger really, quick, fearless, full of trickery and guilty of making the wrong decision on occasion. When you look at his potential it is frightening. His passing is at times absolutely excellent, as is his vision. It's great to see a wide player get his head up and pick out a pass. What he can also do, is in no space at all, beat a man if they commit to a tackle.

I hope he gets a run in the side now because I think he'll get better and better. He's better than Sterling was at that age, and with support he shouldn't suffer a dip in form the way Sterling did under Pellegrini and post Liverpool abuse. Arsenal have two of the best full backs around, they have so much pace but yet Sane and Sterling tore them to shreds. It's also good to show Navas what he needs to do when he comes on, it should give him the confidence to use his pace and also to get his head up when he gets in a good position.

When you consider the age of De Bruyne, and the imminent arrival of Gabriel Jesus there's a frightening amount of talent there. On their day a front four of Jesus, De Bruyne, Sterling, Sane is unbelievable. I think, particularly in the CL it will be a devastating combination and it allows us to stay compact and play on the counter with frightening pace.

As fans we're sometimes a bit too harsh on the young lads coming through. You can't blame Sane, Sterling or Stones for costing so much. It's the football world these days. If you let them have a couple of seasons at senior level you pay for it. That's why the club is investing so much at youth level to try and snap up talents before they've had a breakout season and cost a fortune. You've got to allow all three a game where it just doesn't happen for them. When you look at Messi and Ronaldo and how good they still are in their 30s and consider that their best seasons have been around the 29/30 year mark it puts into perspective how young these guys are.

Sané, Sterling, De Bruyne and Aguero/Jesus will be the best counterattacking outfit in the world in a year or two. The difficulty will be Pep finding a way to coax teams out of their own third in order to use it.

Sané, Sterling, De Bruyne and Aguero/Jesus will be the best counterattacking outfit in the world in a year or two. The difficulty will be Pep finding a way to coax teams out of their own third in order to use it.

Completely agree. That's why he'll still be looking to the likes of Silva, Yaya, Gundogan and Ferny to unlock things. If we sign some top quality full backs, or even give those in the academy a chance then that will help. With Bayern he faced the same issue and tended to double or triple up on a certain area of the pitch in order to create an overlap and break the opposition down. If nothing came of it the ball would be switched to the other side to try again. We saw a bit of that against Arsenal and that's something we'll continue to develop. If you look at our results this season we've created chances, it's scoring them that's been the issue. As long as you're creating chances though you know that the system isn't doing too badly. Exciting times to be a City fan with players like Sane at the club.,

Completely agree. That's why he'll still be looking to the likes of Silva, Yaya, Gundogan and Ferny to unlock things. If we sign some top quality full backs, or even give those in the academy a chance then that will help. With Bayern he faced the same issue and tended to double or triple up on a certain area of the pitch in order to create an overlap and break the opposition down. If nothing came of it the ball would be switched to the other side to try again. We saw a bit of that against Arsenal and that's something we'll continue to develop. If you look at our results this season we've created chances, it's scoring them that's been the issue. As long as you're creating chances though you know that the system isn't doing too badly. Exciting times to be a City fan with players like Sane at the club.,

There were fledgling signs of us manipulating the opposition to create free players in the Arsenal game, Sterling's goal is actually a good example, as only 1 Arsenal player was on the same side of the pitch as Sterling. Although that was caused by a throw in and Arsenal being exhausted from chasing the ball, we created a few such overloads from open play as well before switching play and that's something i'm sure will become more and more common.

No manager has had as much practice unlocking defences as Pep so it should be something we can overcome.

Sané: "Naturally, I am delighted to have scored my first goal. Being injured was tough but I have confidence in my own abilities." [MEN]

Sané: "It has been quite difficult coming in injured - arriving in a new country, a new league, but I am striving hard to improve." [MEN]

Strangely, I don't think Aguero fits that counter attacking bill as well as say The kid at Athletico.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.