Lescott

Lescott was superb, strong as an ox.

Really gave us solidity at the back when we needed it.

Got to start next match.

I wonder where we would be had kompany and lescott been fit all season, carling cup final? title contenders? Hughes still in charge? Guess we will never know

jefr said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Delighted he's back - he must start with Kompany for me.

Richards........Kompany.....Lescott........Bridge

Now that's a back four we can build a team on, for me

^^^^ this for me too ( although pablo did ok tonight too)

Completely agree. That is our best defense. Zaba's game tonight was one of his best and I don't know his best position but I cringe sometimes with his tackles around our penalty area. He's like Jack the Ripper in a brothel sometimes.

buckshot said:
When Toure is in, the back line seems to be ruled by chaos. I saw an immediate improvement when he came off today.

Agreed. He is praised for his last ditch challenges but invariably it his poor positioning and / or decision making that result in such challenges being required. He also seems intent on knocking long balls to his mate Ade who is ambling back into an onside position after the previous attack!

Still yet to be convinced by Lescott if I am honest. He was too error-prone in previous performances and was at fault for a few goals we conceeded.

But it was nice to see him back and he was sturdy at the back putting in a decent performance. I think I will judge him from his 'new start' now rather than what he produced previously.

Played well last night, and gives us various options. It helps that we can use Zabba at RB or Mid, Lescott at LB or CB, Barry in mid or LB, and Kolo at RB and CB etc

Good to see Lescott back and as many of you have said i agree with the OP that him and Kompany would be my centre halfs when fit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.