Let's Talk Pizza

It’s a bit bizarre that pineapples are the only fruit put on pizzas (tomato aside).

Duck and plum is the only other one I can think of, but only available at <1% of places.

Where‘s the beef and banana or chicken and cherry?

Neapolitan pizza.

In Glasgow Paesano is the place to go, genuinely on a par with what you'll get in Naples.

In Manchester Rudy's is pretty good.

One of the best vegetarian options for a takeaway, so get it quite often.
I don’t normally bother with pizza but I just watched the Paesano video menu, I will definitely give them a try this week.

Also - the angry pineapple attention seeking brigade can fuck off.

Sweet and salty is a flavour combination as old as time. Pineapple is a fruit that lends itself very well to being cooked on a high heat (try some on a bbq!) and pairs brilliantly with salty fatty pork.

It's great on pizza and some sad people moan about it just because it's "the thing" to do.

If I were to open a pizza restaurant I'd make a big deal about having a ham and pineapple pizza on the menu. Proper fresh pineapple nicely caramelised on the edges with chunks of salty slightly smoked ham, amazing.

Always find the American style pizza too greasy, can't beat thin pan pepperoni with hot chillis, preferably home nade

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.