Liam Gallagher

The production (plus the mountains of cocaine) was always the issue with Be Here Now, rather than the songs themselves. Noel decided to revisit it in 2016 and start re-producing the songs but gave up after doing D'You Know What I Mean. Shame, as it sounds miles better than the original so would have been interesting to hear the full album re-done like that.
Noel gave up drugs about that time he went cold and suddenly stopped, don’t know if that affected his songwriting ability “concentration“
Liam sang a great version of “do you know what I mean” at 48hrs at Rockfield

There won’t be any nonsense mate.

The crowd will be proper Mancunian gig veterans like my bad little self and my man @paulpowerstash

We’ll be to busy looking cool as fuck in our cagoules for any mischief.
Make sure you come on and tell us about it you could break all the rules and use your camera phone so I get an idea of what I missed

Don’t forget looking cool in a pink cagoule “that John wore” and a bucket hat after a few drinks no telling what you and Stash get up to

Noel gave up drugs about that time he went cold and suddenly stopped, don’t know if that affected his songwriting ability “concentration“
Liam sang a great version of “do you know what I mean” at 48hrs at Rockfield
Must have been after Be Here Now cos he's talked many times about coke messing up the recording and production of that album...

“It’s the sound of … a bunch of guys, on coke, in the studio, not giving a fuck,” Noel summarised in 2004. “There’s no bass to it at all; I don’t know what happened to that … And all the songs are really long, and all the lyrics are shit, and for every millisecond Liam is not saying a word, there’s a fuckin’ guitar riff in there in a Wayne’s World stylie”.

Must have been after Be Here Now cos he's talked many times about coke messing up the recording and production of that album...

“It’s the sound of … a bunch of guys, on coke, in the studio, not giving a fuck,” Noel summarised in 2004. “There’s no bass to it at all; I don’t know what happened to that … And all the songs are really long, and all the lyrics are shit, and for every millisecond Liam is not saying a word, there’s a fuckin’ guitar riff in there in a Wayne’s World stylie”.

And they ended up producing a masterpeice. D'ya Know What I Mean, Stand By Me, Be Here Now, Don't Go Away, All Around the World are all amazing tracks. Any band producing them now would have the best music in the last 20 years.

And they ended up producing a masterpeice. D'ya Know What I Mean, Stand By Me, Be Here Now, Don't Go Away, All Around the World are all amazing tracks. Any band producing them now would have the best music in the last 20 years.
It's certainly nowhere near as bad as a lot of people like to make out. Yes,it's massively over-produced but there's still some good tracks in there (and, more importantly, some great memories!)

It's certainly nowhere near as bad as a lot of people like to make out. Yes,it's massively over-produced but there's still some good tracks in there (and, more importantly, some great memories!)

Agreed. There are some great b-sides too, that weren't over-produced and probably should have made the album.

Flashbax
The Fame
Going Nowhere
I Got The fever
Stay Young
My Sister Lover

The official video for Mars to Liverpool
I pre ordered the Vinyl today seeing I can’t go to a venue for the concerts, no way I’ll be fit in time not even for the D.M. tour later just hope they do a professional video of it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.