Lie Detectors

Never Mind The Pollocks said:
How far off do you think (if ever?) it is before lie detector machines are accurate enough to use in trials/police interrogations? For me it seems like it's only a matter of time. Am I right in thinking that?

Why do you think it is a matter of time?

I've not seen any recent research. If there has been any. But everything I have read in the past has indicated that just about every single expert in the field are unanimous that they are totally unreliable.

CTID1988 said:
BigJimLittleJim said:
CTID1988 said:
They already exist, they're called women

You can easily overcome this by buying them flowers and chocolates.

They never suspect ulterior motives, ever.

I almost found myself buying her some chocolates because i cheated on her..in one of her dreams. Honest to god, she was having a go at me about it!
My Missus had a go at me when her sister's husband was caught cheating with some bird from his work. She went mental, accusing me of all sorts and threatening to chop off my bollocks. Proper scary and mental.

How far off do you think (if ever?) it is before lie detector machines are accurate enough to use in trials/police interrogations? For me it seems like it's only a matter of time. Am I right in thinking that?

I don't think we are anywhere near this level of technology, and won't be for a long time. You would effectively need the technology to read people's thoughts.

Super David Silva 21 said:
Hold on.

Are you saying that lie detectors don't actually work properly?

There was a programme on the other week in which a woman took three lie detector tests , all the same questions ...... she passed on two occasions , and failed the other !

They aren't 100% accurate ....

the authorities are thinking of using them at the end of a prisoners custodial sentence , and they'll no doubt be built into a prisoners conditions for early release on license ....... they are after using them to try to determine whether a prisoner will re-offend or not.

denislawsbackheel said:
In the UK?
Never.

Why never? If they were accurate enough what's to stop it?

Because all research suggests they are not and presumably never will be accurate enough?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.