Lino makes allegation he's been instructed to help Real Madrid win

I have honestly thought for years officials in the PL are bent. Some of their decisions are so bad they defy any rational explanation.
Our officials aren't bent. They are "Directed" by the PGMOL.....

My mistake. If it's in Mr Ogdens paper it really must be true. I'm not saying it isn't but I also note that the story was broken by a Catalan newspaper! The linesman involved wishes to remain anonymous. Now, I don't know how far in advance referees are named in Spain but I wouldn't imagine these appointments have been made already. If they have, he can only be one of two people and his anoninimity might be a tricky thing to preserve.

I've felt it's been bent for years.... Just too much money involved in the game for it to be clean.
It's why it's so popular in the betting circles in Asia.

Corrupt rich bastards laughing all their way to the bank whilst we slave away paying extortionate fee's to watch
what might as well be WWE.

But we'll still go and watch at the weekend :/

A mate of mine maintains that football is effectively run / fixed by betting companies and the big, multinational sponsors.

A mate of mine maintains that football is effectively run / fixed by betting companies and the big, multinational sponsors.

It is quickly shot down as being delusional/psychotic to think like this but I'm sad to say that nothing surprises me... NOTHING! when it boils down to money.
We (humans) are so fucking corrupt, we'll flog our own family for an extra penny nevermind a sport such as Football.

I'm sure it's a nice earner for the Betting companies.
Do we just plod along and pretend as though we don't know it's fixed for the sake of capitalism, or do we protest?
Even if we do protest - what will happen?

The new people in power will only be eventually corrupted through potential financial gain, only difference is the paymasters will be different(if convictions are brought on the current paymasters)

As a kid I always thought it was a clean sport a very ignorant mind indeed. As I've got older you hear of it all across the world, FIFA, UEFA, match fixing in Italy, players taking drugs and clubs suspending them, but telling the media they're injured, it's just shocking how bad it is, I'm sure it's been our game for quite some time too. I think Refs and Lino's especially need to be paid very handsomely instead of a cruddy part time wage as they can be easily influenced. I'd personally have them on a players wage to help stop all that bollocks, but it's pretty difficult when the people who manage you are as corrupt as you are. It doesn't help when you have a powerful government who steal land running a club

Reading a piece about Andrei Kanchelskis (sp) recently about people being threatened with their lives and shit for a transfer to Everton, but not much of a big deal was made of it all

Let's not forget what Scudamore said about '' a struggling utd being bad for the Premier League brand and you have to try and balance that off against putting on a fair competition''

I still can't believe nothing more was made of these comments and he wasn't investigated and required to explain exactly what he meant.

Let's not forget what Scudamore said about '' a struggling utd being bad for the Premier League brand and you have to try and balance that off against putting on a fair competition''

I still can't believe nothing more was made of these comments and he wasn't investigated and required to explain exactly what he meant.

Yes, I remember that. He said, and I googled to check the exact words:

“When your most popular club isn’t doing as well, that costs you interest and audience in some places... There are lots of fans around the world who wish Manchester United were winning it again. But you have to balance that off against, generally, we’re in the business of putting on a competition and competition means people can compete.”

Generally. Wow. Not exclusively, eh?

The up-side is ,of course , that if it is all about the money , our owners have more of it than most and they also have huge influence over lots of other people's money.
A possible reason for the unprecedented hostility to ADUG amongst the football establishment and its paymasters , and the slavish media?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.