Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Barca board, fans, and media are all pretty much resigned to the fact he's actually gone. Messi himself is probably just kicking back somewhere by a pool with his family... We want action ;)
Our season starts in a few weeks. Better not turn up looking like Luke Shaw.

Eh? Have you been drinking? "Best case"?

If he is on 50-70 million for 10 months and we have to pay that (or pay him to pay them) and match his wages and pay out is equivalent contract Best case.

Worst case the daft 5 year deals being talked about on increased wages and he ends up on the bench by Xmas.

If he is on 50-70 million for 10 months and we have to pay that (or pay him to pay them) and match his wages and pay out is equivalent contract Best case.

Worst case the daft 5 year deals being talked about on increased wages and he ends up on the bench by Xmas.
Or best case he leaves for free, or second best case he pays his own release.

Barca already probably knows they've got squat. Everything they're doing/saying is just to make it painful for Messi to leave. Probably to change his mind or to get a nice fee from City to wrap things up.
My guess is that they have no credible position and they know it, but they are just throwing out distraction stuff until they get the opportunity to talk directly with Messi's dad.

I am expecting them to make some crazy large offer when they meet face to face as a 'last throw of the dice' - that could be their only chance - an offer so big that it (they think) cannot be refused. Then it can be portrayed as a Kaka style change of mind due to the fans.

Of course I might just be letting my imagination run away with me - but it feels the only move that makes sense

Or best case he leaves for free, or second best case he pays his own release.

If he leaves on a free we will need to pay more wages. He isn't doing this as an act of charity, it is his last big payday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.