Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the problem with member owned clubs.

The heads of the club become politicians, appeasing people short-term for votes and playing to the crowds, hugely based on image and PR, instead of making tough calls that may be unpopular but ultimately for long-term benefit.

Compare their circus to us with Khaldoon calm, meticulous, erudite. One eye on the present, one eye on the future. Chalk and cheese.

Not sure I totally agree with you - member owned clubs also mean the fans get a say in the direction of the club. Benefits and negatives to both models.

what’s your view on the situation- as opposed to attempted sarcasm?

I have no fucking idea, other than guesswork.

Which is what Simon Jordan should be saying.

I think Messi will be a City player & I know as much about it, as Simon Jordan, which is FUCK ALL.

I do know, that unless he changes his mind, there is fuck all Barca can do to stop him leaving. That is irrespective of City, he can leave, himself, without even speaking to us.

Yesterday afternoon there was a conversation amongst some South American journalists and some English ones. In the course of that conversation it was put out there from the South American end that this transfer is much further advanced than people realise, and that there would be A LOT of weird stories coming out as the various parties continued to negotiate behind the scenes. Basically the point was that this is far more political and far more Machiavellian than people even realise. Everyone knows the score and the idea that conversations began when Jorge arrived yesterday is wide of the mark.

Quite surprised at the reactions to last night's "he's staying 90%" story. Mainly because that story in it's details put forward the idea that he'd stay and sign for City for free next summer. That's a very interesting spin to put on the situation. I bet it made a few people at the Barcelona end even more nervous than the idea of him leaving this summer.

All a negotiation tactic.... But a lot political than your average transfers understandably

I have no fucking idea, other than guesswork.

Which is what Simon Jordan should be saying.

I think Messi will be a City player & I know as much about it, as Simon Jordan, which is FUCK ALL.

I do know, that unless he changes his mind, there is fuck all Barca can do to stop him leaving. That is irrespective of City, he can leave, himself, without even speaking to us.
So what's your view on it?

How can you see this panning out? In which route does it go down to secure his signature?

Yesterday afternoon there was a conversation amongst some South American journalists and some English ones. In the course of that conversation it was put out there from the South American end that this transfer is much further advanced than people realise, and that there would be A LOT of weird stories coming out as the various parties continued to negotiate behind the scenes. Basically the point was that this is far more political and far more Machiavellian than people even realise. Everyone knows the score and the idea that conversations began when Jorge arrived yesterday is wide of the mark.

Quite surprised at the reactions to last night's "he's staying 90%" story. Mainly because that story in it's details put forward the idea that he'd stay and sign for City for free next summer. That's a very interesting spin to put on the situation. I bet it made a few people at the Barcelona end even more nervous than the idea of him leaving this summer.
I believe this, imagine Bart’s head right now. If Messi stays and doesn’t renew the amount of money on the line is going to make him crumble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.