Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not worth City getting involved in the future even if they were recently. The moment has gone. Onwards.

Barca need to rebuild and start planning for a future without Messi, I don't understand why you wouldn't get what money you can for him. I don't see what a clearly unmotivated player, even a player of Messi's standard, does for locker room morale. The fans and the player are ready to move on, it seems, dragging the last two weeks out for another year is mad. On the bright side, we might get Pep for another two years if Messi still fancies a year or two in the Manc drizzle.

Still not convinced this has completely played out. Bartomeu could be personally liable for tens of millions of losses if he loses the election. By keeping an unhappy Messi, he'll have to pay him for another season, plus pay a supposed €65m loyalty bonus plus allow him to leave on a free in the summer. So let's say that's €165m at least.

By selling him now, he could potentially get €100-125m in fees then save that €165m. So Barca could be nearly €300m better off selling him now. A company director has a legal duty to act in the best interests of the company, which he isn't doing.

Be interesting to see who blinks first.

m
Still not convinced this has completely played out. Bartomeu could be personally liable for tens of millions of losses if he loses the election. By keeping an unhappy Messi, he'll have to pay him for another season, plus pay a supposed €65m loyalty bonus plus allow him to leave on a free in the summer. So let's say that's €165m at least.

By selling him now, he could potentially get €100-125m in fees then save that €165m. So Barca could be nearly €300m better off selling him now. A company director has a legal duty to act in the best interests of the company, which he isn't doing.

Be interesting to see who blinks first.

messi blinked first... it’s over new contract by xmas!!

Yeah, I’m sceptical that it will happen but I certainly don’t think he has misled us though, as you claimed. I think he’s done his best to force a transfer, but has reluctantly accepted that he will have to wait a year.
As said yesterday, he should have asked for his move at what would have been the end of the original season (pre covid), big mistake on his and his advisers part.
His contract and his age make paying any sort of fee prohibitive and almost impossible for any club.

In an appeal, many months from now. Initially, it'd be in Spanish courts - you know, where he actually signed his contract and the country/league he has played in

It makes some sense from his side to avert that and I loved what he had to say about it all today - still it's crushing to accept he's being held against his will by the club he has given everything to

But elect shite leaders and you get shite decisions - I hope Bartomeu is censured and ultimately ends up in jail but corrupt clowns seem to have a way of averting what they deserve
But he, Messi, made a major error in not asking to leave at what would have been the original end of the season (early May). He could have done that quietly and in private to the President. And told him he would continue until the end of the extended season but as soon as all of Barca's fixtures were complete, he would be leaving as a free agent.

But he, Messi, made a major error in not asking to leave at what would have been the original end of the season (early May). He could have done that quietly and in private to the President. And told him he would continue until the end of the extended season but as soon as all of Barca's fixtures were complete, he would be leaving as a free agent.
I'm guessing you haven't watched any of the english translations of his interview where he states numerous times that he approached Bartomeu on several occasions throughout the year telling him Messi wanted out and was told to "leave it until the end of the season, not now while Barca are still in competition" and promised that Messi could leave at the "end of the season" as per their agreement.
Obviously Messi took him at his word and when approaching the club to honour their end of the bargain at the seasons end was told in effect to fuck off you're stuck with your contract and you should have faxed us before June 10th.
Bartomeu is a liar and has no honour and in effect duped him into staying under false pretences. Barca must be so proud to treat their finest player ever in that fashion.
Even if Messi was to take it to court to settle the clause and intention of it, everyone knows it would take longer to resolve legally than simply wait until the current contract expires and he walks for fuck all anyway, despite that process being unseemly and costly for all. Its arguable that he could have forced the issue through FIFA for his registration but La Liga backed up their spineless co-horts at Barca to add in another layer of difficulty.
If anyone learns anything from this merry go round its never believe a fucking word a corporate suit tells you unless you have it signed in writing in front of legal counsel, preferably in blood!
There are no winners in any of this but Barcas executive look like a right bunch of cunts.

I'm guessing you haven't watched any of the english translations of his interview where he states numerous times that he approached Bartomeu on several occasions throughout the year telling him Messi wanted out and was told to "leave it until the end of the season, not now while Barca are still in competition" and promised that Messi could leave at the "end of the season" as per their agreement.
Obviously Messi took him at his word and when approaching the club to honour their end of the bargain at the seasons end was told in effect to fuck off you're stuck with your contract and you should have faxed us before June 10th.
Bartomeu is a liar and has no honour and in effect duped him into staying under false pretences. Barca must be so proud to treat their finest player ever in that fashion.
Even if Messi was to take it to court to settle the clause and intention of it, everyone knows it would take longer to resolve legally than simply wait until the current contract expires and he walks for fuck all anyway, despite that process being unseemly and costly for all. Its arguable that he could have forced the issue through FIFA for his registration but La Liga backed up their spineless co-horts at Barca to add in another layer of difficulty.
If anyone learns anything from this merry go round its never believe a fucking word a corporate suit tells you unless you have it signed in writing in front of legal counsel, preferably in blood!
There are no winners in any of this but Barcas executive look like a right bunch of cunts.
I have watched it all, telling someone and making it official (written) are two very different things.

The President is a man who has shown numerous times he can't be trusted, that why I find it strange that it appears nothing was made official in term of a written request to leave, at the time when the clause could be activated.

Agreed there are no winners, but as he clearly states, Barcelona is his club, the club he loves and has given everything for and hence why I don't think this was the right deal for MCFC and that is all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.