Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday was a tough day and I realise that this whole thing has been pretty mental. Messi's interview is unprecedented in terms of the number of shots he takes at the board at Barcelona. Hard to envisage him signing a new contract there regardless of the outcome of the election next summer. A year of Koeman and Barto is going to take the squad even further back.

FWIW I've been told this isn't over for this window. Hard to know how it plays out until Barto/his board realise they need to sell for their own financial well being. Or maybe they already know that and just don't want Messi dictating terms of how/when he leaves.

My personal opinion though is that I'm a sore loser, and on that basis alone Messi can fuck off. Lets close Koulibaly and get this window closed and next season started!
The key point here though is they have probably been happy to ‘sell’ him all along.

City and seemingly no other club are prepared to pay in excess of 100M for him when he goes free next year. We wanted him for free and Messi thought that the board would let him go for free as per the agreement.

It’s over unless Bartomeu does a 360 and lets him go for free which he won’t do. Like Ric alluded to though, I do think he will sign a pre contract with us in January.

I don't think it's that simple. They don't want to be the guys who sold Messi. That much is obvious. Personally I would be very cautious about getting even a tiny bit optimistic that it will happen this window. Barcelona will cut off their financial nose to save face in this instance. But I can't lie and say it's dead dead when there's stuff floating around to suggest it isn't.
This is the crux of it for me, Bartomeu is off in March or whatever and they’re already in a mess financially so Messi is the only thing he’s got left.

If a player is under contract then it's completely fair for a club to make him stay, if they want to that is
Fair or not, it's completely fucking stupid. A successful team is a harmonious one with all the members fully committed. So making someone stay who does not want to stay is idiotic. Not to mention the fact that you cannot physically force someone onto the pitch should they refuse.

If a player wants to leave, you sell them for the most you can get and move on.

I don't think it's that simple. They don't want to be the guys who sold Messi. That much is obvious. Personally I would be very cautious about getting even a tiny bit optimistic that it will happen this window. Barcelona will cut off their financial nose to save face in this instance. But I can't lie and say it's dead dead when there's stuff floating around to suggest it isn't.
Is the flotsam coming from the right ships?

I'm guessing you haven't watched any of the english translations of his interview where he states numerous times that he approached Bartomeu on several occasions throughout the year telling him Messi wanted out and was told to "leave it until the end of the season, not now while Barca are still in competition" and promised that Messi could leave at the "end of the season" as per their agreement.
Obviously Messi took him at his word and when approaching the club to honour their end of the bargain at the seasons end was told in effect to fuck off you're stuck with your contract and you should have faxed us before June 10th.
Bartomeu is a liar and has no honour and in effect duped him into staying under false pretences. Barca must be so proud to treat their finest player ever in that fashion.
Even if Messi was to take it to court to settle the clause and intention of it, everyone knows it would take longer to resolve legally than simply wait until the current contract expires and he walks for fuck all anyway, despite that process being unseemly and costly for all. Its arguable that he could have forced the issue through FIFA for his registration but La Liga backed up their spineless co-horts at Barca to add in another layer of difficulty.
If anyone learns anything from this merry go round its never believe a fucking word a corporate suit tells you unless you have it signed in writing in front of legal counsel, preferably in blood!
There are no winners in any of this but Barcas executive look like a right bunch of cunts.

Great post, mate.

Fair or not, it's completely fucking stupid. A successful team is a harmonious one with all the members fully committed. So making someone stay who does not want to stay is idiotic. Not to mention the fact that you cannot physically force someone onto the pitch should they refuse.

If a player wants to leave, you sell them for the most you can get and move on.

especially when you are paying them 1m euros a week and they dont want to be there!

His contract end of season thing is a farce. if there is no date then 100% messi is free to leave. i just dont see how that could be challenged. I just dont see what the problem was on this issue. Why have a contract at all if you allow the other party to dictate terms and use their incorrect interpretation of it to make you do something against your will. This makes me suspect it was some kind of set up. but for reasons i have no idea.
Maybe he is a free agent, but wanted to see Barca get something back. If that were the case, maybe there is a final twist. Lots of ways this could be looked at, and eventually it may all get into the public domain

Yesterday was a tough day and I realise that this whole thing has been pretty mental. Messi's interview is unprecedented in terms of the number of shots he takes at the board at Barcelona. Hard to envisage him signing a new contract there regardless of the outcome of the election next summer. A year of Koeman and Barto is going to take the squad even further back.

FWIW I've been told this isn't over for this window. Hard to know how it plays out until Barto/his board realise they need to sell for their own financial well being. Or maybe they already know that and just don't want Messi dictating terms of how/when he leaves.

My personal opinion though is that I'm a sore loser, and on that basis alone Messi can fuck off. Lets close Koulibaly and get this window closed and next season started!

May aswell sign Aouar now too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.