Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone really believe Messi would leave the comfort of the Nou Camp where he is the chosen one...

He clearly used the contract to get his point across and was always going to stay there.

One thing we can be clear on and that is if Messi was willing to come then Pep is willing to extend.
Whether all that now changes with the massive spanner that has been thrown in the works, who know?
I still believe a deal is being done to bring Messi to City. I am sure of it.
This is the poster boy for the whole CFG for the next 5 years.
The money generated by exposure to new markets for both parties is too much to abandon.
If Messi declines this coming season at Barca his stock plummets, but at City he will be reinvented and reinvested to a whole new demographic.

Last edited:
I imagine if the move is off for the summer, Jorge Messi is going to have PSG in his ear for the next few months.

I imagine if the move is off for the summer, Jorge Messi is going to have PSG in his ear for the next few months.

Asked about Messi to Paris in a french football show, the sporting director of PSG said that with the current financial situation, it is very difficult. But then, seeing that Messi might be on the market, it tickles because Messi is an out-ouf-worldly player.
Given that he made Beckham end his career in Paris, it would be something else to make Messi end in Paris.
Asked if he tried to get close to Messi camp to get some informations, he said football is like a big table and everyone end up knowing what is going on (dodging the question not to say if he put an enquiry).

Other than that, he said in the show that Covid has hurt our finances a lot paired with FFP, that we need to sell and we will need to be creative because we need to reinforce some spots in the team. Only other player he was asked about was Camavinga and he said he was rated at 80 M before Covid, less now hopefully and he will see but it is difficult because french players have the mindset of leaving early compared to other countries.

He is mainly focused on trying to renew Neymar and Mbappé.

Asked about Messi to Paris in a french football show, the sporting director of PSG said that with the current financial situation, it is very difficult. But then, seeing that Messi might be on the market, it tickles because Messi is an out-ouf-worldly player.
Given that he made Beckham end his career in Paris, it would be something else to make Messi end in Paris.
Asked if he tried to get close to Messi camp to get some informations, he said football is like a big table and everyone end up knowing what is going on (dodging the question not to say if he put an enquiry).

Other than that, he said in the show that Covid has hurt our finances a lot paired with FFP, that we need to sell and we will need to be creative because we need to reinforce some spots in the team. Only other player he was asked about was Camavinga and he said he was rated at 80 M before Covid, less now hopefully and he will see but it is difficult because french players have the mindset of leaving early compared to other countries.

He is mainly focused on trying to renew Neymar and Mbappé.

You guys are more than capable of managing your finances in a way to sign Messi on a free. And for the same reasons as everyone else you'd be 100% interested and rightly so. On top of that if Messi leaves next summer anyone remotely interested is going to have a whole year to plan and charm the Messi camp on top. All of a sudden PSG, Juve, United, Chelsea, and possibly Inter and Bayern too could make a move. And with City's softly softly approach there's always room for someone more ruthless to come in and snatch a deal in front of our eyes. It's already happened with Alves and Jorginho.

I do genuinely believe Messi wanted (or still wants) to come to City, for genuine footballing reasons too. But I believe in a cynical way he felt that City were the only team capable of breaking him out of Barcelona (hence his camp contacting us), and unless something changes in the next month we've not been able to achieve that for whatever reason.

I don't think you're going to have any issues with Neymar, the window for him to move to Barcelona has gone and I can't see him pushing to go elsewhere. I think he'll stay and try to win the CL for you guys in earnest. Mbappé will be a challenge but maybe Messi could entice him.

Although to be clear I hope you don't sign him instead of us if he's available, no offence.

You guys are more than capable of managing your finances in a way to sign Messi on a free. And for the same reasons as everyone else you'd be 100% interested and rightly so. On top of that if Messi leaves next summer anyone remotely interested is going to have a whole year to plan and charm the Messi camp on top. All of a sudden PSG, Juve, United, Chelsea, and possibly Inter and Bayern too could make a move. And with City's softly softly approach there's always room for someone more ruthless to come in and snatch a deal in front of our eyes. It's already happened with Alves and Jorginho.

I do genuinely believe Messi wanted (or still wants) to come to City, for genuine footballing reasons too. But I believe in a cynical way he felt that City were the only team capable of breaking him out of Barcelona (hence his camp contacting us), and unless something changes in the next month we've not been able to achieve that for whatever reason.

I don't think you're going to have any issues with Neymar, the window for him to move to Barcelona has gone and I can't see him pushing to go elsewhere. I think he'll stay and try to win the CL for you guys in earnest. Mbappé will be a challenge but maybe Messi could entice him.

Although to be clear I hope you don't sign him instead of us if he's available, no offence.
No offence taken. Hehehehe.

As much as i was not for Messi this year, i would be thrilled for Messi next year. Why ? Because i believe Mbappé will be sold at the end of the season.

I'm not sure about Neymar. There is no talk about a renewal while he is repeating how happy he is right now.

I still think Manchester City will be the favourites to get Messi to sign his next contract. Messi has a special character. He kinda lives with his people, his family are the ones managing his career and wealth. I believe he would choose the evident relationship he has with some senior members at your club over anything else. City is not short of money, it won't be the deciding factor. He would only have two reasons to join us : Neymar staying there and convincing him or PSG going on winning the CL (or being close to win) next year. Those two options are unlikely as things stand now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.