Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta know what your talking about before you type. Barcelona were never offered anything resembling the offer you speak of for Rakitic. Barcelona attempted numerous times to include Rakitic in the Neymar return deal and Rakitic wanted no part of it. right a bell ?.

Barcelona made is very clear with Rakitic, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and Puyol to name a few, that if the player wishes to retire, go to a none competitive league such as Qatar, MLS etc; they would be free to leave for basically free as a way of saying thank you.

Bartomeu told Messi the same exact thing, but now Messi changed his mind and said that he wants to play for city and Barcelona understands that you can't power up the richest club in the world by handing him the best player in the world for free.

Nobody here has to take anything personal and City and Barcelona have no reason to get into any sort of issues over this. City honestly are very clear about the subject. Messi you called us and we took a look at it and offered you 750 million dollar provided you work our you last year with Barcelona or come to an agreement that does not infringe in our finances and is allowed by FIFA.

If anything City fans are already getting a sneak peak at the " Other " side of Messi. The greatest footballer who is surrounded by a serious of people who are looking for his finances and a player who is to this day extremely immature. Its been 18 days and this old Captain hasn't even said this mouth is mine regarding the game as the team Captain.

it's not 80m but it's certainly an offer 'resembling' what he was speaking of

What would this mean in the case for Messi transfer ? think it is fairly obvious he will still want to come no matter what happens but would it make the transfer easier to negotiate if this happened?

A new board would make it easy for him to leave.Extremely unlikely that they get all the signatures in time till transfer window closes and even then,its very likely to fail.The board goes next year and the socis at our club couldn't be bothered to act immediately.And they are waking up every morning to MD/Sport propaganda.

Gotta know what your talking about before you type. Barcelona were never offered anything resembling the offer you speak of for Rakitic. Barcelona attempted numerous times to include Rakitic in the Neymar return deal and Rakitic wanted no part of it. right a bell ?.

The talks you speak of are in 2019 window.
This is from 2018, you may well look it up yourself before correcting me, some even reported the money offered close to €100m.

Nevertheless, not important right now, just highlighting the selfishness of this Barça board. Also, #FreeMessi.

I can’t believe there are people who still don’t want this to happen. It really is mind boggling. He’s the best player... in the world... currently and arguably EVER. Any penny we spend on him will be more than covered by new sponsorship, shirt sales, merchandise etc. We will be recognised abroad in the same way as the dippers and rags. Ferran Torres, Phil Foden and a few other lucky youngsters will get to watch and learn from the GOAT day in, day out. And finally, he will single handedly win us so many games and I would be amazed if we didn’t win the champions league with him.

apart from that, yes I can see why you wouldn’t want him.

I was listening to the David Mooney athletic podcast and theh were discussing how many gosls messi would score for us. Would it be 50-60 like all previous seasons or would it be more like 40 because of the age and the transition and hell get 30+ assists instead like last season.

And I just had this moment of childish excitement about the whole thing. This guy is on a different level to anyone who has ever put on a manchester city shirt before and anyone to play football in this country for 30++ years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.