Lions Football Team?

crooky

...minus the England team as otherwise it's going to be England plus Robertson.

If there was a football version of the Lions team (in rugby it's a squad made up of the best English, Irish, Scottish and Welsh players) who would make the cut from Wales, Scotland, Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland?

It seems quite a bit harder than the last time I did this 10/15 years ago when you had the likes of Robbie Keane, Bellamy, Giggs..., David Healy, Damien Duff etc.

Maybe the following as a starting squad playing a 4-3-3.

GK - Danny Ward

Lb - Robertson
CB - Johnny Evans
CB - Tierney
RB - Conor Roberts

Cmf - Ramsey
?
?

Rwf - James Forrest
Lwf - Gareth Bale
CF - Kieffer Moore

Pretty tricky to pick a squad and central midfield is a real struggle. I'd have stuck Scott Brown in there in years gone by.

Interested to see what squads you lot can make.

If there was a football version of the Lions team (in rugby it's a squad made up of the best English, Irish, Scottish and Welsh players) who would make the cut from Wales, Scotland, Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland?

It seems quite a bit harder than the last time I did this 10/15 years ago when you had the likes of Robbie Keane, Bellamy, Giggs..., David Healy, Damien Duff etc.

GK - Danny Ward

Lb - Robertson
CB - Johnny Evans
CB - Tierney
RB - Conor Roberts

Cmf - Ramsey
?
?

Rwf - James Forrest
Lwf - Gareth Bale
CF - Kieffer Moore

Pretty tricky to pick a squad and central midfield is a real struggle. I'd have stuck Scott Brown in there in years gone by.

Robertson? Surely Tierney? I know he got no recognition whilst at us, but surely now he is in the best league in the universe now, he should get a shout before Robertson, as he is better, much better than him and city should have listened to me and signed him for that insulting £25m we got, because up until that, he hadn't played in the best league ever in mankind's history? Tierney all the way. And I like Robertson as a player.

Robertson? Surely Tierney? I know he got no recognition whilst at us, but surely now he is in the best league in the universe now, he should get a shout before Robertson, as he is better, much better than him and city should have listened to me and signed him for that insulting £25m we got, because up until that, he hadn't played in the best league ever in mankind's history? Tierney all the way. And I like Robertson as a player.

Same problems as Scotland. They're both good so I'd say they need to both get in the squad.

Having the likes of Bale also on the left kinda forces you to put Tierney or Robertson back in defence. Unless you play Bale up top but then that seems a waste of his passing skills so better to keep Moore as the target man.

Or maybe one of them could just play right back instead?

Lions without England is like Manchester without City.

The rugby teams yeah.

But in football it's a very different make up. The English football team is so much stronger on paper than the rest that it's quite difficult to find gaps for the other nations players. Whereas with the rugby the teams are a lot closer in quality.

GK - Danny Ward

Lb - Robertson
CB - Johnny Evans
CB - Tierney
RB - Conor Roberts

Cmf - Ramsey
?
?

Rwf - James Forrest
Lwf - Gareth Bale
CF - Kieffer Moore

Robertson?

Fucking Robertson?

24 man squad, 6 each from England, Scotland, Wales and combined Ireland/Northern Ireland

Goalkeepers

Danny Ward (W)
Darren Randolph (I)
David Marshall (S)

Defenders

Seamus Coleman (I)
Jonny Evans (I)
Andy Robertson (S)
Kieran Tierney (S)
John Stones (E)
Shane Duffy (I)
Stuart Dallas (I)
Matt Doherty (I)
Ben Davies (W)

Midfield

Aaron Ramsey (W)
John McGinn (S)
Billy Gilmour (S)
Scott McTominay (S)
Phil Foden (E)
Jack Grealish (E)
Daniel James (W)
David Brooks (W)

Forwards

Gareth Bale (W)
Harry Kane (E)
Raheem Sterling (E)
Jadon Sancho (E)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.